Yealink Forums

Full Version: T28P & T38G: Speed Dial delay or pause between DTMF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Hi all,
I'm using both T28P & T38G phones.
I'm wandering how to add a pause or a delay between two DTMF key when using the Speed Dial feature? Does Yealink phones use a specific key for that?
I saw that other phone use sometimes the "p" or "," character to do that.

I'm trying to set up a speed dial DSS key with a phone number and his extension.
And I need a pause (few seconds will be enough) between the phone number and the extension.

Thanks for your help.
A.
Hello,
Do you mean in the DSS key value, you want to fill two number? Dial one first, and then dial another one if the first one didn't answer?
Sorry currently we can just fill one number in the speed dial key.
Could you let us know the scenarios application? And which phone can support this?
(02-27-2013 08:13 PM)Yealink Support Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
Do you mean in the DSS key value, you want to fill two number? Dial one first, and then dial another one if the first one didn't answer?
Sorry currently we can just fill one number in the speed dial key.
Could you let us know the scenarios application? And which phone can support this?

I am looking for this today. I would like to set up speed dial that dials our conference bridge, waits 2 seconds, then dials the PIN. This would allow our Sales team to have one button access to their bridge so they don't have to remember their bridge number and PIN (or come ask me). I would really like to have the ability to put in pauses so that the speed dial button dials everything up to the pause, hits send of course, waits for the number of pauses then sends DTMF for the rest of the digits.
Hi Kg4ysy,
Sorry currently we can't do this.
But i am afraid they can acheive this by setting two DSS keys, so they will not ask you for the PIN, as attached shows.
For example, the bridge number is 948, and the PIN is 345.
So customer can press the first DSS key, then press the second DSS key, to access to the conference.
Thanks.
This is the most basic phone feature that has been around for decades. Not being able to program a pause in a dial string is a huge disadvantage to my users and a feature that could easily be implemented.
(11-23-2013 11:58 PM)protean Wrote: [ -> ]This is the most basic phone feature that has been around for decades. Not being able to program a pause in a dial string is a huge disadvantage to my users and a feature that could easily be implemented.

I strongly agree the feature is also missing in the t46g and t48g as well. Yealink as I mean no disrespect but the request is valid. There is absolutely no excuse for not having this feature, PERIOD! Please get this feature added.
Pauses were big in key systems... Not in VoIP... Which other vendors support this?
Angry
What does it matter? As a user I just want to be able to do what I can do with my cell phone and the phone I got before we switched to VoIP.
Don't you want to distinguish yourself from your competitors? Or is you attitude "We wait for the competition be better and then we pull behind"?

Seriously, this would be a great bonus if you could modify your FW to allow 'P' or ',' or what ever character as a pause. It would make a lot of people happy and our next phones will continue to be from Yealink ( we need to get a couple more the next two weeks).

Thanks,
Harry
Hi all,

I have re-submitted to our product department for evaluating.

anonymous1711612242218

Hi,

I also believe you should implement option to add pause. It would be great that you implement it in voicemail number also in web interface, so I can program Voicemail button to dial *97,password, and login automatically without entering a password.
Thanks.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Reference URL's