Yealink Forums

Full Version: [SOLVED] T28P auto-provisionning ringtone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,
I've looked around on the forum and in my config file, I cannot find a way to preset one of the ringtones (let's say Ring4)

Does anyone know how to achieve that?

Also, I am willing to load one of the older firmware's ringtone, is there a way to tell my phone to download that sound file and then make it as the default ringtone ?

Thank you very much for your answers
Julien
(07-02-2014 02:45 AM)julien Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone,
I've looked around on the forum and in my config file, I cannot find a way to preset one of the ringtones (let's say Ring4)

Does anyone know how to achieve that?

Also, I am willing to load one of the older firmware's ringtone, is there a way to tell my phone to download that sound file and then make it as the default ringtone ?

Thank you very much for your answers
Julien

The information you're looking for is in the provisioning guide. Of course it's broken into two parts: 1) you need to tell the phone to download your custom ringtone and 2) you need to tell the phone to actually use that custom ringtone.

We had a customer who had gotten used to the default ring on the old .61 firmware so setup provisioning to ensure new phones got that old ringtone.

Code:
#Tell the phone to download the custom ringtone from your server
ringtone.url = http://yourserver.com/Ring161.wav

#now tell the phone to actually use that ringtone file as the default ringer
phone_setting.ring_type = Ring161.wav
Thank you very much jolouis, I didn't think about the two step thing.

Also ring_type wasn't clear to me if I needed the extension or not ...
Reference URL's