Yealink Forums

Full Version: Register Failed after network change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
T38G Firmware 38.70.0.115:
Phone registered okay until we updated network (changed router). After this, phone failed to register, even after reboot, power off/on, factory reset. Could register phone by copying settings from failing Account 1 to Account 2 and then register (Account 1 still failed). Finally resolved problem by (i) saving configuration to file, and (ii) restore configuration from file. After this, phone would register okay.
We have about 9 phones, about half had this problem, was able to fix all of them with the file save/restore. Has anyone else seen this problem?
(01-25-2013 02:53 AM)pdoerr Wrote: [ -> ]T38G Firmware 38.70.0.115:
Phone registered okay until we updated network (changed router). After this, phone failed to register, even after reboot, power off/on, factory reset. Could register phone by copying settings from failing Account 1 to Account 2 and then register (Account 1 still failed). Finally resolved problem by (i) saving configuration to file, and (ii) restore configuration from file. After this, phone would register okay.
We have about 9 phones, about half had this problem, was able to fix all of them with the file save/restore. Has anyone else seen this problem?

Hi,
We have not heard about this issue , could you please send me the trace that we can check?

Best Regards!
Yealink Support Team
(02-01-2013 07:46 PM)Yealink Support Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi,
We have not heard about this issue , could you please send me the trace that we can check?

Best Regards!
Yealink Support Team
Huh
Quote: Unfortunately that did NOT work for us... Which means that our office is now without a phone system, unless we can reconfigure a couple of old Netcomm V85s to work temporarily.. This is such a Pain which we do not have time for.
We are using MyPBX phone system and three Yealink Voip handsets, one T26P and two T22P.
Like you, our office network were upgraded and hence a new subnet, ADSL router IP and DNS.
The MyPBX phone system seems to work ok, registering all FXOs and all external SIPs and two Netcomm Voip V85's worked without a problem, instantly registering, but all three Yealink refuses to Register, with a "Register Fail" on all three accounts. We have tried to reboot, save config and restore and also found the latest Firmware and upgraded all three handsets.
We are about to Save the config, reset to factory defaults and import config and see if that will make a difference...
Otherwise, these are great handsets and for the better part of the last two years, have been quite a reliable system.
The Debug Log says; "Device does not match ACL". What does that mean.
Would you have any other suggestions ?
(04-04-2013 08:43 AM)qBiotech Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi,

Best Regards!
Yealink Support Team
Huh
Quote: Unfortunately that did NOT work for us... Which means that our office is now without a phone system, unless we can reconfigure a couple of old Netcomm V85s to work temporarily.. This is such a Pain which we do not have time for.

We are using MyPBX phone system and three Yealink Voip handsets, one T26P and two T22P.
Like you, our office network were upgraded and hence a new subnet, ADSL router IP and DNS.
The MyPBX phone system seems to work ok, registering all FXOs and all external SIPs and two Netcomm Voip V85's worked without a problem, instantly registering, but all three Yealink refuses to Register, with a "Register Fail" on all three accounts. We have tried to reboot, save config and restore and also found the latest Firmware and upgraded all three handsets.
We are about to Save the config, reset to factory defaults and import config and see if that will make a difference...
Otherwise, these are great handsets and for the better part of the last two years, have been quite a reliable system.

Update...
We updated the firmware on the Yeastar MyPBX Std V4 to 2.17.0.37 Initially causing a total lockout.. Had to reboot MyPBX Again which would then allow us to Login again. Almost thought we would have to reset and start again.
Would seem to be a bit of a flawed update as MyPBX refused to display any settings on most of the pages.
Problematic because the documents stated that you cannot go back or down grade after this update.
Major Ouch...
The Line Status finally displayed the Extensions but as for the trunks, well, lets just say, we are still waiting. (After refreshing the page quite a few times, we finally got there) Trunks registered, Extensions are still NOT. Angry

From online searches it looks like ACL is related to security, so it would seem that the phone systems may have locked the sip accounts somewhere. Not that we know where to look for this or how to correct it.
No change; MyPBX would still not allow the Yealink handsets to register, but still has no problems with the Netcomm handsets...
(04-04-2013 10:45 AM)qBiotech Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-04-2013 08:43 AM)qBiotech Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi,

Best Regards!
Yealink Support Team
Huh

Update...
We updated the firmware on the Yeastar MyPBX Std V4 to 2.17.0.37 Initially causing a total lockout.. Had to reboot MyPBX Again which would then allow us to Login again. Almost thought we would have to reset and start again.
Would seem to be a bit of a flawed update as MyPBX refused to display any settings on most of the pages.
Problematic because the documents stated that you cannot go back or down grade after this update.
Major Ouch...
The Line Status finally displayed the Extensions but as for the trunks, well, lets just say, we are still waiting. (After refreshing the page quite a few times, we finally got there) Trunks registered, Extensions are still NOT. Angry

From online searches it looks like ACL is related to security, so it would seem that the phone systems may have locked the sip accounts somewhere. Not that we know where to look for this or how to correct it.
No change; MyPBX would still not allow the Yealink handsets to register, but still has no problems with the Netcomm handsets...

Wink
Final Update... Found it... Jeeeeess..
They certainly know how to hide things well for Job Security..
On the MyPBX Phone System in the Extension setup at the bottom we finally found "Optional Settings V". Once you open that, you will find the "IP restriction", which the phone system MyPBX must have added by itself, when it was initially setup, so we were never aware of its presence. Anyhow, change the IP and all is well... Big Grin

So the ACL message is Security related and is more likely to be the Phone System, than your handset. The reason that the Netcomm V85 worked anyway was because, for what ever reason, the IP Restriction was not enabled for those extensions in the MyPBX Phone System.

Anyhow, if nothing else, hopefully others may benefit from the experience, because there are not may links to information on this at all.

Cheers

Ivan S.
QBiotechnologies Australia
www.qBiotech.com.au
Bio-Energy Therapy Technologies
I just wanted to add to this thread, I have a total of 9 T38G voip phones, they are powered via PoE and connect to FreePBX server in a remote location. I to have dealt with this issue. Account 1 stops registering, and only fix at this time for me was to copy the settings to account 2. I intend to try the config file juggle trick the next time this happens. These afflictions seem totally random as there is no network changes. The most recent was Yesterday 01/30/2015, and all that was noted was a power loss. A UPS inline with the PoE switch, it had just expired from the long power outage.

Thank you.
About 6 months ago (I think - maybe longer) I got a test firmware from Yealink for the T3x series that allowed multiple SIP servers per account. I never went live with it because they never released it mainstream which usually means it didn't go thru proper QA testing.
Maybe one of the Yealink mods can chime in on this.
Reference URL's