Yealink Forums

Full Version: T42G Search Source List
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm experiencing an issue with "Search Source List In Dialing" and Remote Phonebook on the T42G (29.72.0.25). When dialing, it is searching by name instead of by extension number. So if I dial 2366 it is searching for people whose last name begin "benn".

Can this behavior be altered?

Thank you for your assistance.
Hi marble01,

Do you want to display number not the name when dialing? You can choose to searching number or name by change the input method in dialing interface.
(06-20-2014 11:28 AM)Yealink Support Wrote: [ -> ]Hi marble01,

Do you want to display number not the name when dialing? You can choose to searching number or name by change the input method in dialing interface.

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I would like to display the extensions last, first, extension number.

The behavior I described above is with the input method set to 123. Input method abc returns the same results.
Hi marble01,

I have tested it on 29.72.0.25 vesion locally. And it does work well.
You can directly input the extension number (at least two numbers) in dialing interface.

For exmple, benn's number is 8510. You can input 2366 or 8510 to search benn and dial.

thanks
(06-24-2014 09:46 AM)Yealink Support Wrote: [ -> ]Hi marble01,

I have tested it on 29.72.0.25 vesion locally. And it does work well.
You can directly input the extension number (at least two numbers) in dialing interface.

For exmple, benn's number is 8510. You can input 2366 or 8510 to search benn and dial.

thanks

Ah. Perhaps I'm not adequately explaining what is occurring. I will try again. We would like the first result to match the extension number and not the closest matching name. So, if one dials 2366, we would like it to match extension 2366 first instead of a user with the last name Benn. On the T42's it only shows 1 result on the screen at a time. It has given my users the impression that they are dialing the wrong number.
Got it. Thanks for your reply. When you dail number, the phone will match the name and extension at a time, but the name result will occur fistly. At present, sorry to tell you it can't be changed.
You can press the navigation keys(up/down) to switch the result.Sorry for the inconvenience.

thanks
That is unfortunate. How can I go about requesting a configuration option for this behavior to be added to the firmware?
Reference URL's