Yealink Forums

Full Version: Cannot reset the password (SIP T20P)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have lost the admin password for my IP Phone SIP T20P. I have tried resetting the phone with the OK button (by long pressing it for 10 seconds), but it asks for the password and the default password (admin) is not working. Is it possible to restore all config of the IP Phone? I'm also unable to login with the admin/admin username password in the web interface! Probably somebody has changed the password somehow. Please help.
Hi,

I assume the phone is not new out-of-the-box.
If the phone is connected to a RPS server you have to ask the previous owner if he still have the password because during starting up the phone get the password from this server.
Hi complex1,

Yes the phone is out-of the-box. We have been using the phone since past 6 months. It was connected to my asterisk server (SIP). I'm not understanding what RPS server is? But I suppose it was never connected to the RPS server. Because we have resettled the device 6 months back & configured the asterisk server details. What can be done in this scenario?
Hi,

Sorry. I can't help you any further.
Please ask Yealink support for the T20 recovery file.
They will send it by PM to you.
Reference URL's