Yealink Forums

Full Version: Using one SIP license for multiple (3) phones?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

I'm in the process of upgrading the phone system at our locations, and we've found DECT, specifically the Yealink W52H/P model. (Was recommended to us) We'd be using it with Avaya Systems Manager.

The great thing about the W52 unit is that you can use one SIP license on (for us) up to 10 handsets/phones.

We were told by a DECT competitor that doing this could cause problems with simultaneous calls. However in my experience this is not the case, and I believe this just to be a marketing tactic to get us to switch.

The setup I have currently is to create a SIP entry (extension@domain.com) to register with the base station, then have all 3 lines use this entry. I've tested it, and it seems to work fine in handling multiple calls. All 3 handsets are all line 1 in my setup on the base station.

I'm just looking for advice. If I use one SIP license on 3 handsets, could there be problems handling 3 simultaneous outbound/inbound calls? Call drops, degradation, etc?

Thank you very much.
Reference URL's