Yealink Forums

Full Version: Can't register at SIP server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hallo,

I can't get my T46G running with my phone provider's SIP server. I configured the account and server settings correctly, but registration at the SIP server always fails.

To see what's wrong I analyzed and compared the SIP packages of the T46G with the SIP packages of another IP phone where registration works:

Other phone:
1. Sends SIP REGISTER request
2. Server answers with status 401, Unauthorized. There is a WWW-Authenticate header with a Nonce in this response.
3. Phone sends another SIP REGISTER request, with an Authorization header that contains the Nonce.
=> Registration successful.

T46G:
1. Sends SIP REGISTER request. All fields are the same as on the other phone.
2. Server answers with status 401, Unauthorized. There is a WWW-Authenticate header with a Nonce in this response.
=> Registration not successful. Retry with 1.

How can I configure the T46G to send a SIP REGISTER with an authorization-header?
For this issue,I suggest you do the below steps:

1.upgrade to the laest version,and reset this phone,then test again.

2.try to use the working account register to the T46,then test again.

If it can not register either,
Please send the level 6 system log, config.bin file and PCAP traces to klaus@yealink.com.

About how to get these files, please refer to this FAQ:

http://support.yealink.com/faq/faqInfo?id=311

TKS&BR

klaus
Hello

Did a resolution / root cause ever get found for this? I am seeing a very similar issue with a T41.

I have done some more digging and I am seeing a WWW-Authenticate coming back from my SIP system, in the 401 as I would expect, but the phone just sends back the same response, rather than the updated response as I would expect it to send back.

Note sure if this has anything to do with the stale flag being or not being set.

Any ideas?
For me it just worked after some days - no idea why.
Reference URL's