Yealink Forums

Full Version: Help with T38G OpenVPN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am trying to upload a OpenVPM tar file to the T38G phone but for some reason it does not upload from the web. When I select the file that is on my desktop and click on import the browser windows blanks out for a few seconds and comes back without file being uploaded.

I have tried the preconfigured T28 file too with the same results.

Any help with OpenVPN would be apreciated
(01-11-2013 10:48 PM)moakhtar Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I am trying to upload a OpenVPM tar file to the T38G phone but for some reason it does not upload from the web. When I select the file that is on my desktop and click on import the browser windows blanks out for a few seconds and comes back without file being uploaded.

I have tried the preconfigured T28 file too with the same results.

Any help with OpenVPN would be apreciated

Hi
In fact, when you select the file and click the import button, the broswer windows will blanks out for a few seconds and comes back, now the file is already imported , and then you need to press the confirm button which at the end of the network page, then the file will be saved on the phone.

Best Regards!
Yealink Support Team
I realize the last answer came from support, but it seems to me that there is a step or two that might be missing if you are trying to follow along at home.

We've generally found that it's best to start a VPN file upload with the VPN feature being 'disabled'. Enabling or Disabling the VPN feature will generally cause the phone to reboot. So choose Disable, confirm it at the bottom and let the phone reboot.

Navigate to the Network > Advanced page...

Under VPN Upload - Choose File - then press Import

As mentioned the screen will flash and generally show a message saying 'Importing File'... but depending on the model of phone and your PC the message may not be displayed long enough to read.

Once you are back to the page you need to select Enable... and then press the Confirm button at the bottom of the page. The phone should reboot.

It's simple, but there isn't a lot of obvious feedback during the process.
Reference URL's