Yealink Forums

Full Version: A True "Exit" for XML browser
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As of right now, when I build an XML a application, and use the XML Browser feature, there is no clean way to exit. After the application finishes, I have to hit Exit for each screen I went through. If there are several prompts, getting back to the main phone menu can be rather annoying. Basically, the exit option is really a "back" option, and there is no exit..

What would be nice is the ability to separate "Back" and "Exit", and have Exit cleanly take you out of the XML browser completely.
I think you can press X button to fully Exit xml browser.
(05-13-2014 02:42 PM)Yealink Support Wrote: [ -> ]I think you can press X button to fully Exit xml browser.

Yeah, I found that out... not very intuitive though.
(05-16-2014 12:45 AM)nicknomo Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-13-2014 02:42 PM)Yealink Support Wrote: [ -> ]I think you can press X button to fully Exit xml browser.

I agree, it would be helpful if there was a way to make a softkey go directly to the home screen. Pressing the X doesn't seem to get me out of there any faster than just pushing exit

I found that by making this file:
exit.xml
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<YealinkIPPhoneFormattedTextScreen Timeout = "1" LockIn = "yes">
<Line Size="large" Align="left" > Please Wait</Line>
<SoftKey index="1"></SoftKey>
</YealinkIPPhoneFormattedTextScreen >
and setting all my exit softkeys to that file
Code:
<SoftKey index="1">
<Label>Exit</Label>
<URI>http://[ip]/exit.xml</URI>
</SoftKey>
I can exit to the main screen simply by pushing exit and waiting for the 1 second timeout. Not the correct fix, but it will work well enough for me.
(05-23-2014 04:13 AM)nickpl Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-16-2014 12:45 AM)nicknomo Wrote: [ -> ]

I agree, it would be helpful if there was a way to make a softkey go directly to the home screen. Pressing the X doesn't seem to get me out of there any faster than just pushing exit

I found that by making this file:
exit.xml
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<YealinkIPPhoneFormattedTextScreen Timeout = "1" LockIn = "yes">
<Line Size="large" Align="left" > Please Wait</Line>
<SoftKey index="1"></SoftKey>
</YealinkIPPhoneFormattedTextScreen >
and setting all my exit softkeys to that file
Code:
<SoftKey index="1">
<Label>Exit</Label>
<URI>http://[ip]/exit.xml</URI>
</SoftKey>
I can exit to the main screen simply by pushing exit and waiting for the 1 second timeout. Not the correct fix, but it will work well enough for me.

That looks like an interesting solution. I will have to give it a try. Thanks for posting it! Big Grin
Reference URL's