Yealink Forums

Full Version: Italian language file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello all,
I've found out some mis-translations in the Italian language of T41P (mainly, translations too long to be shown correctly on the phone display, ie "Ordinamento" for "Sort"): where I can download the current lang-Italian.txt file, to try to change only a few translations and fix it?
On the provisioning guide, there's a reference to one Language Pack I wasn't able to find on the support site...

Of course, I'll be glad to share it once I'll get it fixed.

At the moment, I'm testing T41P with FW 36.71.193.7.

Thanks
You can get the file from below link.
[FAQ]How to customize an LCD Language?
Thanks in advance for your sharing. Smile
(04-17-2014 11:18 AM)Yealink Support Wrote: [ -> ]You can get the file from below link.
[FAQ]How to customize an LCD Language?
Thanks in advance for your sharing. Smile

Thanks, let me confirm I was able to download and modify the Italian file, but it seems the phone doesn't apply the downloaded file...
Using wireshark I checked the phone really downloaded the new versione of the language file, but after then, it seems to keep on using the old one, even after a reboot or after changing language option to English and back to Italian...

Is there anything I'm missing to let the phone apply the new downloaded language file?

Many thanks
Do you use the same name lang-Italian.txt ?
Language packs can only be loaded using the configuration files.
(04-18-2014 11:28 AM)Yealink Support Wrote: [ -> ]Do you use the same name lang-Italian.txt ?
Language packs can only be loaded using the configuration files.

Yes, I used the very same name lang-Italian.txt and it's specified in the "y000000000036.cfg" config file the phone actually downloads, as I checked out using wireshark (we're using the Broadsoft Device Management).
Here's an extract from this config file:

################################################################################​#######
## Configure the access URL of language file ##
################################################################################​#######

gui_lang.url = http://dmserv.acantho.com:80/dms/Yealink...talian.txt
gui_lang.delete =

I'm wondering if there's a config statement missing to let the phone use the newly downloaded language file, but I wasn't able to find anything...

Thanks for your help!
Yes. I can reproduce your issue. This issue will be solved in next version.
(04-18-2014 08:12 PM)Yealink Support Wrote: [ -> ]Yes. I can reproduce your issue. This issue will be solved in next version.

Thanks, happy to hear that!
Do you already have a planned release date for the new version?

Thanks again!
I have the same problem with the phones T26 and T28, on which using the language translated into Italian, is not shown correctly on mobile devices.
I installed with my client about 500 phones between T20/T26/T28 and as always the customer complains of not understanding what is displayed.
I thought I might be modified files of the language, but does not seem to be possible.
Please can I have a speedy response on this?
Thank you.
Hi giuseppe.balestriere@gmail.com ,

Please send your issue to support@yealink.com or support.usa@yealink.com.
Solved?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's