Yealink Forums

Full Version: T46G not registering with AVM Fritzbox 6360
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
we just bought a T46G (latest firmaware 28.72.0.1) in order to use it with a AVM Fritzbox 6360.
But no matter how I try - I can't get the phone to register with the Fritzbox.

I checked all the FAQs and Forums from Yealink and AVM but without any solution to this problem. I even called support from AVM but they told me it might be a problem with the IP phone.

The phone is connected directly (Lan) to the Fritzbox.
I tried it with DHCP and with a fixed IP adress in the same range as the
Fritbox of course.
I can see the phone in the network of the Fritzbox.
I enter all the necessary information for acount on the phone - but no matter what I try - it always says "register failed".

Does anyone have an idea?
thanks
Michael
Can you send the screenshot for your register webpage in private message? So i can help to debug.
If you tell me how I can get a picture into this private message - I don't get it...
Please keep user name and register name as the same, then register to server again and feedback to me.
After restarting the Fritzbox and using the same user name and register name - it works .

Many thanks.
Thanks to your feedback.
Hi,

I also currently bought a T46G (firmware 28.72.026) in order to use it with a AVM Fritzbox 6360

In difference to frame_michael I am not able to connect directy to the fritzbox but via two airports from apple (one serving as the DNS router, one working as a bridge).

I am able to connect soft phones but not the T46G.

I used the following settings

Register Name 623 (same on FB)
User Name 623
Password as registered on the FB
Outbound Proxy disabled
Transport UDP
NAT disabled

SIP Server 1
IP-address of fritzbox (which works for soft phone)
Port 5060

In addition, forward the UDP Port in the airport serving as DNS Router
to the IP of the T46G

But the registration does not work.

Unfortunately, I don't get any error messages either on the T46G nor on the FB.

Please, can you give me a hint what went wrong?

Best Regards, Ralf
Hi Ralf,

Please follow these steps to get a pcap trace:

1.Go to setting-> Configuration.
2.Start pcap trace
3.Go back to register interface, make sure that all information is filled correctly then click confirm.
4.Go to setting-> Configuration and export pcap trace to us.

Regards,
James
Hi James,

I found the solution on my own. The trick is to activate NAT-traversal via STUN and use a public STUN-server, even if 99 of 100 posts found via google recommend to deactivate STUN.

With STUN activated it seems to work fine with UDP.

Thank you for your support,

Ralf
Reference URL's