Yealink Forums

Full Version: Beginner Question - SIP Realm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

is it possible to have a domain name which isnt the name of the sip server?

I tryied to use the username: "test@domain.local" but the phone didnt sent any request to the voice server located at 192.168.101.15.
When I took the username "test" the phone tried so authenticate with test@192.168.101.15.

So is it possible to tell the phone it should use the username "test@domain.local" but the server 192.168.101.15?

Thank you
I am guessing maybe an issue with the DNS on the phone not being able to locate domain.local ?

Whatever you want to call it - add a DNS entry for the IP address...

(Not sure I totally understand the issue though...)
mh .. yes .. DNS would be an option. As i saw, that the phone is using the value located at sip server address as the part behind the @ at user@domain.

but what I want to put it simply is to change the domain name while not changing the IP address of the server.
(04-04-2014 01:26 PM)FSchulz Wrote: [ -> ]mh .. yes .. DNS would be an option. As i saw, that the phone is using the value located at sip server address as the part behind the @ at user@domain.

but what I want to put it simply is to change the domain name while not changing the IP address of the server.

So do you run a DNS server (Ie: windows or Linux) where you can map an IP address to a server name (A record)?
We have a similar problem.
we need to specify the realm and the SIP Proxy address separately

the registration has to be for instance "200123@sip.mycompany.local"
and the Phone has to register on 2 different proxy

we can have several proxy using the same realm
is this feature supported?
it's important!
Hi Carlo,

What's the firmware you are testing with?
Do you mean that you want phone to send a registration packet such as below?

from: "8518" <sip:8518@pbx.yealink.com@10.3.5.199:5060>;tag=3610045792
to: "8518" <sip:8518@pbx.yealink.com@10.3.5.199:5060>

"8518@pbx.yealink.com" is username.

Regards,
James
Hi James
This is the version we're using: Firmware Version 25.73.0.25 (Hardware Version 25.1.0.0.0.0.0)
The registration should't have the "@ip_address"" part. I already tried this solution, but it doesn't work: it doesn't make sense to have the "@" twice. Inserting this user, I thought I did't have the address any more.
The identifier should be "extension@SIP_domain" only, without any address.
thanks
regards
carlo
Reference URL's