Yealink Forums

Full Version: Handset firmware update to 25.50.0.20 problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have successfully updated 2 bases to firmware 25.50.0.20. I have been unable to update any of the handsets. All of the handsets are currently running 26.40.0.15.
1. Please tell me the hardware of your handsets.

OTA upgrade capability is restricted to specific firmware versions and handset
hardware:
 Handset with firmware 26.40.0.15 or later
 Base station with firmware 25.40.0.15 or later
 Handset with hardware 26.0.0.6 or later
OTA is only available when meeting the above three conditions simultaneously.

2. Please make sure you can upgrade handsets using OTA, otherwise, you should upgrade handsets via USB tool.
Upgrading W52x Handset Firmware
(03-31-2014 11:21 AM)Yealink Support Wrote: [ -> ]1. Please tell me the hardware of your handsets.

OTA upgrade capability is restricted to specific firmware versions and handset
hardware:
 Handset with firmware 26.40.0.15 or later
 Base station with firmware 25.40.0.15 or later
 Handset with hardware 26.0.0.6 or later
OTA is only available when meeting the above three conditions simultaneously.

2. Please make sure you can upgrade handsets using OTA, otherwise, you should upgrade handsets via USB tool.
Upgrading W52x Handset Firmware

When did that handset hardware version come out, 26.0.0.6? I have handsets from December that are 25.1.0.0.0.0.0.

You really need to make sure these updates are backward compatible. The fact that these handsets can't be updated OTA from the base is really unacceptable.

When 26.40.0.15 was released on December 3, 2013 there was no mention in the release notes that handset hardware version 26.0.0.6 was required for OTA handset updates. There is still no metion in the release notes that that is a requirement.

I hope the W52P phones don't become obsolete like the T3x phones. I am big fan of the Yealink devices, but the inconsistency of the firmware is very frustrating.
Sorry. These notes are in the document "Upgrading W52x Handset Firmware", we are sorry for the inconvenience and frustration for this feature.
Reference URL's