Yealink Forums

Full Version: Call Forward activate/deactivate with "Transfer-Key"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

we want to give the users the possibility to easily set forwards (to colleagues and their mailbox) with YealinkT46G and 3cx. At the moment we observe the following behaviour:
Via "Call-Features" and (Always Forward/ Busy Forward/ No Answer Forward) people can configure forwarding on the phone.
The issue we have is, that people do want to activate/deactivate the "Always Forward" lots of times, but they do not want to change (deactivate/activate) the "No Answer" and the "Busy Forward". We observe, that when a user does press the "Transfer" Button on the phone (or a Key "Key-Event Forward") than, all of the three Forwarding rules are deactivated/activated. So the "No Answer" and "Busy Forward" are effected, too.

For our use-case it would be really nice, if the "Transfer" Key would only activate/deactivate the "Always Forward". Many people do want to always forward their calls on their Mailbox for "no Answer". And they want to have a way to quickly ("Transfer-Button") activate and deactivate forwarding to some colleague/secretary nevertheless. At the moment this seems not to be possible.

Of course, we could handle things on the pbx, but we would prefer, if users could configure things themselves on the phones, which saves admins time and is more convenient to everybody.

One related question: Is there any possibility to use the Key Event, Forward Key to change the target "Forward To"? What can you do with the "Value" field? At the moment the information in "value" seems to have not much of an effect. Key-Event-Forward "just" activates/deactivates all Forwarding, just like the Transfer Key, as far as I can see.

I hope I was able to describe the situation.

Could you have a look?

Keep up the great work.
Best regards Frank
You can configure this feature in webpage for custom account.
Hi,

thank your for your answer.

(03-19-2014 02:11 PM)Yealink Support Wrote: [ -> ]You can configure this feature in webpage for custom account.

So you think the user should do this via "manage own extension"-webaccess for a custom account of the 3cx?
I will have a look. I don't want people having to access the website in order to set this. This would be to complicated for most people. But maybe there I find a way to define Softkeys Functions, which will do those, or change the function of the "Transfer-Button".

I will get back in touch next week.

Best regards Frank
You can set softkey as Forward by default via webpage or auto provisioning method.
1. Enter the webpage->DSSKey->Programable Key, change the softkey as Forward.
2. You can set the forward settings in CFG template. Please refer to more details in Yealink_SIP-T4X_IP_Phones_Auto_Provisioning_Guide_V72, Yealink T19P/T2XP/T4X AutoProvisioning Template_V72 .
------------------------------------------------------------------------
#!version:1.0.0.1
###It configures the key feature for the programmable key X.
programablekey.1.type =

################################################################################​#######
## Features Forward ##
################################################################################​#######

###Except T19P Model
features.fwd_mode =

features.fwd_diversion_enable =
## Forward Always ##
forward.always.enable =
forward.always.target =
forward.always.on_code =
forward.always.off_code =

Hi,

I did some more searches, and this thread sort of nailed, what I was talking about: http://forum.yealink.com/forum/showthrea...43#pid6143

So it look like, that there is no way users can manage "changing forward target BSS Keys" at the moment.
I would really love to have this. Of course for some important users, the admin can do it with action-Uri-Keys. For the rest we will have to rely on the functions of the pbx. Here we have some functionality. But this is based on status, which gets a little complicated, if you only want to change some forward destination-targets.

So the user has to define different forward targets for different status within the 3cx-myphone. Than he can change the status within in the myphone client, which will change the forwarding target.

I would love to have a similar functionality (I would prefer a more simple functionality without the need for different stati) on the T46G itself. I would love users being able to add some keys like this on their own

Best regards Frank

(03-21-2014 04:30 PM)Yealink Support Wrote: [ -> ]You can set softkey as Forward by default via webpage or auto provisioning method.
1. Enter the webpage->DSSKey->Programable Key, change the softkey as Forward.
2. You can set the forward settings in CFG template. Please refer to more details in Yealink_SIP-T4X_IP_Phones_Auto_Provisioning_Guide_V72, Yealink T19P/T2XP/T4X AutoProvisioning Template_V72 .
#!version:1.0.0.1
###It configures the key feature for the programmable key X.
programablekey.1.type =

## Features Forward ##

###Except T19P Model
features.fwd_mode =

features.fwd_diversion_enable =
## Forward Always ##
forward.always.enable =
forward.always.target =
forward.always.on_code =
forward.always.off_code =

I think you can configre "FORWARD" in DSSKEY and leave value blank. When your customer want to configre forward, they can long press this DSSKey and can configre the target for they wanted.
Hi,

(03-25-2014 11:06 AM)Yealink Support Wrote: [ -> ]I think you can configre "FORWARD" in DSSKEY and leave value blank. When your customer want to configre forward, they can long press this DSSKey and can configre the target for they wanted.

I would like to have keys, which can change the target of the "always forward". The DSSKEY forward is for another purpose, as far as I understood. It is to actively forward an incoming call by pressing this key. It is not ment to change the "always forward" target.

Best regards Frank
Reference URL's