Yealink Forums

Full Version: W52P additional handset DECT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sorry. Only Yealink handsets can work welll with Yealink base now.
Very bad. You do not think about your clients! VERY BAD!!!

SIEMENS FOREVER!!!
(03-27-2014 04:54 PM)Yealink Support Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry. Only Yealink handsets can work welll with Yealink base now.

I hope that your answer is only related to mass market phones. Phones from other brands that are CAT-iq 2.0 complaient should work well when connected to your base station. Including the features that are listed in this standard.

Can you please confirm!

Axel
(03-15-2014 02:00 PM)ossural Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-15-2014 12:06 PM)Yealink Support Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry. Our base just supports our handsets now.

why did you write in FAQ about DECT GAP

http://www.yealink.com/Upload/W52P/V40/Y...%20FAQ.pdf

How does CAT-iq differ from DECT ?
CAT-iq is based on the regulatory framework of the mature and reliable DECT technology. It is fully backward
compatible to DECT GAP.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Angry

If you are able to read the specifications of DECT GAP you should be able to answer this question yourself. It only says that you are able to connect a handset with a base station - that's all!

The W52 series offers CAT-iq 2.0 and this secures a much higher level of compatibility. Calling lists, voice message signal, ... It's not Yealinks fault that other phones are not compatible.
(04-10-2014 09:50 PM)Axel7 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-27-2014 04:54 PM)Yealink Support Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry. Only Yealink handsets can work welll with Yealink base now.

I hope that your answer is only related to mass market phones. Phones from other brands that are CAT-iq 2.0 complaient should work well when connected to your base station. Including the features that are listed in this standard.

Can you please confirm!

Axel

Dear Yealink Support.
Any updates on this?
Hi Axel7,

Sorry for the late reply.
Our W52P don't certificated with other CAT-iq2.0 brand phones yet so only Yealink handsets can work well with Yealink base currently.
(04-13-2014 09:52 PM)Yealink Support Wrote: [ -> ]Our W52P don't certificated with other CAT-iq2.0 brand phones yet so only Yealink handsets can work well with Yealink base currently.

I still don't understand. If your handset and basestation is complaient to CAT-iq 2.0 as it is written in your specs they have to interoperate with other brands that are complaient to this standard.

About the CAT-iq 2.0 standard:
CAT-iq allows carriers to introduce gateways with integrated DECT/CAT-iq 2.0 base stations that will work with any certified CAT-iq 2.0 handset. This means feature richness can be guaranteed across different vendors irrespective of what silicon or Software protocol stack implementation is in the base station or handset. CAT-iq 2.0 brings the ability to carriers to offer multiple lines to their customers. CAT-iq 2.0 Certification is based on the interoperability of base and handset.

Can you help me to find out were my misunderstanding about this interoperability standard is?
Hi all,

The protocol means that you can connect to the same protocol base or handsets, but we have different commands of each features, so we don't compatible with other handsets or base even with CAT-iq2.0 or GAP protocol.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's