Yealink Forums

Full Version: T42 requesting security file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Yealink,

I'm testing a T42 and noticed during the auto provisioning it downloads the common file but instead of using the AES we enter into the phone to decrypt the file it is requesting a security.enc file but Our Hosted PBX does not support this. I've tried with firmware 29.71.0.120 and UK firmware 29.71.23.1 and both behave the same. Is there a way to get the phone to use the AES key we enter rather than request the security file?

I had the same issue with T46 with UK firmware 28.71.23.3 and 28.71.23.4 but it works using 28.71.23.1.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Terry
Hi Terry,

Do you test "auto_provision.aes_key_16.com = xxxxxx, auto_provision.aes_key_16.mac = xxxxxx" in a common .cfg firstly?
AES keys must be 16 characters and the supported characters contain: 0 ~ 9, A ~ Z, a ~ z.
In conclusion, your phone should download a common.cfg which isn't encrypted and contain AES key firstly, then download encrypted common.cfg or mac.cfg using this AES key.
We've always used an encrypted common.cfg and the phone would use the AES key we put on the phone to decrypt but it looks like this no longer works on the latest firmware. I will try with a common.cfg with no encryption and see how it works.

Thanks
Reference URL's