Yealink Forums

Full Version: Call park option for in-call soft key
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to add an additional option to the list of functions available for the soft keys when in a call? Specifically I want to add a "Park" option that allows the operator to park the call.

In the phones web administration page, going to:

Settings > Softkey layout

Gives you the option to customise the softkey layout. However if you select "On talk" it does not offer the option to change one of the buttons to "Park call" and I would like to add this. Is there another way to do it, I cannot seem to find a way via the configuration files either.

Many thanks for the help.
What model of your phones?
Normally, most phones have DSS keys can be configured different function.
You can use the DSS key.
Is there a way to do this without using a DSS key? If you're not on the page with that DSS key it can get really confusing for people and having a soft key that would park instead of hold would make things a lot easier for some of my end users.
(04-13-2016 06:00 AM)Yealink_Karl Wrote: [ -> ]What model of your phones?
Normally, most phones have DSS keys can be configured different function.
You can use the DSS key.

We use the T46G and T48G.

We currently use this method, with a DSS key configured to park, but it is not intuitive. Also if the user has a lot of extensions as BLF keys, this takes up valuable space.

The options the phone shows when in "On talk" mode has some redundant options. For example, "Hold". We don't need "Hold" on the soft keys when we are in conversation because the phone has a physical button for this purpose. Therefore we would like the ability to reconfigure this for a park feature instead.

(04-14-2016 04:01 AM)IndRubberCo Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to do this without using a DSS key? If you're not on the page with that DSS key it can get really confusing for people and having a soft key that would park instead of hold would make things a lot easier for some of my end users.

This is essentially my question, I ask for the same reasons you do.
Hello,

I have the same request. During a call, when "On Talk," I would like one of the soft keys to be "Park." Currently, if Settings > Softkey Layout > Custom Softkeys is disabled, then during a call, the softkeys show five options. However, Park is the last option, and to see it, you must press "More." I would like to swap "Park" with "Conference," which is the third option, and displays on the first softkey screen. We will never use Conference. If I try to configure Custom Softkeys, "Park" is not one of the choices for "On Talk" (or for any menu). This would be a huge help. Configuring a DSSKey for Call Park is not a good option, because 1.) it takes up valuable room from other DSSKeys, and 2) each DSSKey is line-specific, so I would need multiple DSS Park keys in order to park and retrieve calls on different lines.

Help! Thanks.
I too am receiving requests from a number of clients who would like the "park" soft key as one of the primary selection. Currently as I am using firmware ver 35.82.0.30 when on a live call there is a "more..." button and after selecting this there is a "park" button on the 2nd level menu.

How can we move the "park" soft key from the 2nd level menu to the 1st level menu??
(01-07-2018 04:52 AM)Velocita Technology Wrote: [ -> ]I too am receiving requests from a number of clients who would like the "park" soft key as one of the primary selection. Currently as I am using firmware ver 35.82.0.30 when on a live call there is a "more..." button and after selecting this there is a "park" button on the 2nd level menu.

How can we move the "park" soft key from the 2nd level menu to the 1st level menu??

I have the exact same issue. Has anyone found a fix?
(01-25-2018 12:40 AM)Petecat1 Wrote: [ -> ]I have the exact same issue. Has anyone found a fix?

you can easily add a softkey to the yealink by adding something like this to the config:

features.enhanced_dss_keys.enable = 1
softkey.1.enable = 1
softkey.1.label = Park
softkey.1.position = 1
softkey.1.action = #11$Tdtmf$
softkey.1.use.on_talk = 1

but we are noticing the DTMF it sends is too slow to engage the parking application. Is there another way to have the yealink send DTMF rapidly? The polycom fires it VERY quickly which is great.
update on this...
i figured out how to enter the DTMF faster like this

softkey.1.enable = 1
softkey.1.label = Park
softkey.1.position = 1
softkey.1.action = $KDialPadPound$$KDialPad1$$KDialPad1$
softkey.1.use.on_talk = 1

it engages our server's park application now
Reference URL's