Yealink Forums

Full Version: How do I provision hotdesking?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have been trying for a while and not found a way to generate a provisioning template with the DSS2 key defaulted to Hotdesk... I have been doing this manually so far.

Is there anyway to set this up via a template?
Hi Wil,

What is your phone moduel? What is the version of your phone?
You can search "hotdesking" in our common.cfg, then fill the values in some syntaxs.
You can refer to auto provisioning guide for more details.
http://www.yealink.com/SupportDownloadfi...7&flag=142
Yealink_SIP-T2_Series_T19P_T4_Series_IP_Phones_Auto_Provisioning_Guide_V72_25
Yealink T2XP AutoProvisioning Template (X.72.0.30)
Take T2X-V72 for example:
-----------------------------------------------
#!version:1.0.0.1
memorykey.2.type = 34
################################################################################​#######
## Hotdesking Startup ##
################################################################################​#######
phone_setting.logon_wizard =
hotdesking.startup_register_name_enable =
hotdesking.startup_username_enable =
hotdesking.startup_password_enable =
hotdesking.startup_sip_server_enable =
hotdesking.startup_outbound_enable =

## Hotdesking Dsskey ##
hotdesking.dsskey_register_name_enable =
hotdesking.dsskey_username_enable =
hotdesking.dsskey_password_enable =
hotdesking.dsskey_sip_server_enable =
hotdesking.dsskey_outbound_enable =
-----------------------------------------------
Hi,

The phones in question are T21's

Thank you so much - I saw the Hotdesking section, I just couldn't find a way to map the actual DSS key to the hotdesk feature...

Just tested and it works great!

I am just a bit curious though, why does this only work via DSS/Why can't you set it from a softkey? - As I didn't see the option in the GUI, I assume it isn't possible... I just don't understand why.
Hi Wil,

Thanks to your feedback. We just can configure this feature in DSS Key and you can choose this option from line key type.
Reference URL's