Yealink Forums

Full Version: Cannot Factory Reset Yealink T20P, Tried 3 Methods
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

We have a Yealink T20P that we are having issues with that we would like to factory reset as we don't know the admin password.

- We have tried holding the OK button down to reset, when it asks for confirmation to reset we press OK and it shows the admin username, we press OK again and it says password invalid.

- We have tried upgrading the firmware using a TFTP server which has gone successfully but we still cannot login to the unit after it has finished rebooting. A new/latest ROM file was transferred during the TFTP process.

- It goes without saying that we can't get in through the web console either to reset this way.

Do you guys have any suggestions please?
All the best,

Matthew
Hi,

From the description,I think you have a auto provisioning environment.

so I suggest you contact your IT department or server provider to change the below parameter from 1 to 0,

features.factory_pwd_enable

then you can reset the phone without password.
Hi there,

Thank you for getting back to me.

Sure, that could be possible as these were second hand phones but we don't have access to the original company/provisioning system.

Could you confirm where I can change that parameter?
All the best,

Matthew
Hi there,

I was wondering if there is any update?
All the best,

Matthew
(03-30-2016 08:31 PM)matthewbutt Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there,

I was wondering if there is any update?
All the best,

Matthew

Hi,

I would suggest to remove the network cable, then power on the phone and hold down the OK button to reset the phone, it will then not re-provision after the reboot because its not connected to the internet.

After you see the phone has a idle screen with wrong date and time, you will know that the phone is defaulted and you could start enjoying the phone!
Reference URL's