Yealink Forums

Full Version: Possible solutions for failed tftp-recovery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My T48G stuck on initializing at the welcome screen. So I tried to make a recovery with tftp but the phone didn't finish the recovery process. I retried again and again with no success...

Before you have to read the whole Story, here my solution in short words:

Check if the connection and download from the tftp is fast enough.
Maybe a faster server can solve your problem too! Wink

And here the whole story:
At the beginning I used the tftp-Server of provided by my VoIP-Carrierer for the recovery. But as I already said, I retried again and again but the phone didn't finish the recovery process.

So to get a litte bit more information what the phone is really doing, I setup a tftp-server on my internet webserver with the recovery files and used this server for the next recovery-try. But with no success. The recovery took endless time and never came to an end.

I checked the Logfiles of my tftp-Server to see what is happening. And it looked like the phone is download the first file "T48.bin" again and again:

Code:
Mar  9 22:38:38 server in.tftpd[7610]: RRQ from 93.205.xxx.xx filename T48.bin
Mar  9 22:40:33 server in.tftpd[7635]: RRQ from 93.205.xxx.xx filename T48.bin
Mar  9 22:42:28 server in.tftpd[7652]: RRQ from 93.205.xxx.xx filename T48.bin
Mar  9 22:44:23 server in.tftpd[7671]: RRQ from 93.205.xxx.xx filename T48.bin
Mar  9 22:46:18 server in.tftpd[7692]: RRQ from 93.205.xxx.xx filename T48.bin
Mar  9 22:48:13 server in.tftpd[7709]: RRQ from 93.205.xxx.xx filename T48.bin
Mar  9 22:50:08 server in.tftpd[7887]: RRQ from 93.205.xxx.xx filename T48.bin

The Strange thing was, that it looked like the phone is restarting the download after nearly exact 2 minute. So I tried to download the file from the tftp with my computer and checked the time download time. It was about 3 minutes! My Internet isn't so slow, but you should no that tftp is always a slow kind of file transfer.

The next step was to install a tftp-server on a local computer in my network, store the files there and retry the recovery with this server. AND NOW IT WORKED!!!!
Thank you for sharing the message.

Just want to everyone note that the IP phone must be configured in the same subnet as the TFTP server.
Reference URL's