Yealink Forums

Full Version: T46G - No Audio on External Calls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

We have a customer using 3CX 12.5 SP2 with a fleet of Yealink T46G model SIP phones.

The device in question is firmware 28.71.0.224, and currently lives at a remote site. It communicates with the PBX across a VPN maintained between two hardware firewalls. The IP address of the phone differs in the subnet from the PBX, but ping tests, etc., work fine.

The device is having the exact same issues as mentioned in this thread from 2013: http://forum.yealink.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=799

Updating firmware is not an option, as this firmware version was the only one that fixed an issue with calls being answered on random handsets on speaker, without warning.

To reiterate the basics:

- Internal calls to other extensions route fine, with audio just fine.
- External calls to the main office have audio just fine, but external audio is NOT routed to the target phone.

Anyone?
Hi,

I think the issue is caused by the 3CX PBX.

Please check:
- Have you run the Firewall Checker without issues?
- Check the audio streams of the remote phones by dialing *777 (Echo test)
- Check “PBX Delivers Audio” so 3CX can deliver audio streams to the extension(s)
Same issue as above with a Yealink T42G phone. Did what Frank suggested, issue was inside PBX Delivers Audio. Funny thing is that a similar phone on the same PBX didn't need this checked and his phone works fine. Thanks for the help Frank!
Hi printwest,

I'm glad to help you.
@tgardner

How are your external calls established?
Is it a hardware device like a PRI or is it SIP Trunking?

If it is a hardware PRI like a patton, the default template does not have a default IP route on it so the audio cant deliver anywhere besides the local subnet.

If you use SIP Trunkig that rules that idea out.
(03-06-2016 11:35 PM)tsukraw Wrote: [ -> ]@tgardner

How are your external calls established?
Is it a hardware device like a PRI or is it SIP Trunking?

If it is a hardware PRI like a patton, the default template does not have a default IP route on it so the audio cant deliver anywhere besides the local subnet.

If you use SIP Trunkig that rules that idea out.

You may be on to something. I'll check on this.
Wanted to let everyone know that adjusting for "PBX Delivers Audio" was what fixed it. Thanks for all the help.

And so future users know, I found it under Extensions>[extension number]>Other (at the top).

Thanks again. Big help.
Reference URL's