Yealink Forums

Full Version: Button to predial before a DSS key
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
It would be very useful if you could set a button to predial a digit string ahead of a DSS key. For example we have a system that utilizes #3 plus the extension number for a voice page to an individual phone. If we could set a button to predial the #3 then press the DSS button to complete the voice page that would be great. I am sure that there are other features on other
systems that are similar in nature to this scenario.

Rick
(12-10-2012 04:22 AM)rlsabin Wrote: [ -> ]It would be very useful if you could set a button to predial a digit string ahead of a DSS key. For example we have a system that utilizes #3 plus the extension number for a voice page to an individual phone. If we could set a button to predial the #3 then press the DSS button to complete the voice page that would be great. I am sure that there are other features on other

Rick

Hi Rick,
Could you please describes the scenario in details for me ?
Maybe you can configure a DSS key with Speed Dial feature to support this scenario , for example the extension number is 8619, so you can configure the speed dial number with #38515.
so then you can press this DSS key to complete the voice page.

Let me know if any misunderstanding.
Best Regards!
(12-10-2012 11:20 AM)Flora Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-10-2012 04:22 AM)rlsabin Wrote: [ -> ]It would be very useful if you could set a button to predial a digit string ahead of a DSS key. For example we have a system that utilizes #3 plus the extension number for a voice page to an individual phone. If we could set a button to predial the #3 then press the DSS button to complete the voice page that would be great. I am sure that there are other features on other

Rick

Hi Rick,
Maybe you can configure a DSS key with Speed Dial feature to support this scenario , for example the extension number is 8619, so you can configure the speed dial number with #38515.

Best Regards!
Flora
The problem with the scenario as you describe it is that we would lose the BLF functionality of the button if we program it as a speed dial.
Lets say that we have 20 buttons prgrammed as DSS/BLF buttons on our phone and we use #3+extension to voicepage to an extension and 7+extension to transfer directly to an extensions voicemail. If we could set up a button that would dial #3 and another button that dialed 7 and after pressing one of these buttons we could then press a DSS/BLF button for the desired extension and have it dial out #3XXX or 7XXX with XXX being the desired extension. We could then voice page or transfer direct to voicemail for any of the extensions we have DSS/BLF buttons for without having to have 3 buttons for each phone 1 BLF 1 Voicepage and 1 voicemail direct. Or without having to have the receptionist manually dial the access code plus the extension. Hopefully this makes sense.

Rick
(12-11-2012 05:17 AM)rlsabin Wrote: [ -> ]

Rick

Hi Rick,

Best Regards!
Flora
The problem with the scenario as you describe it is that we would lose the BLF functionality of the button if we program it as a speed dial.
Lets say that we have 20 buttons prgrammed as DSS/BLF buttons on our phone and we use #3+extension to voicepage to an extension and 7+extension to transfer directly to an extensions voicemail. If we could set up a button that would dial #3 and another button that dialed 7 and after pressing one of these buttons we could then press a DSS/BLF button for the desired extension and have it dial out #3XXX or 7XXX with XXX being the desired extension. We could then voice page or transfer direct to voicemail for any of the extensions we have DSS/BLF buttons for without having to have 3 buttons for each phone 1 BLF 1 Voicepage and 1 voicemail direct. Or without having to have the receptionist manually dial the access code plus the extension. Hopefully this makes sense.

Rick

Hi Rick,
Thanks for your information ,i have some confusions about your scenario, please help to make clear for me ?
1. When you mentioned "voice page" do you mean the interface that you can leave a voice mail to that extension ?
2. When you mentioned" transfer direct to voicemail " do you mean enter the interface than you can hear the voice mail of the extension ?
Best Regards!
(12-13-2012 07:41 PM)Flora Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-11-2012 05:17 AM)rlsabin Wrote: [ -> ]

Rick

Hi Rick,

Best Regards!
Flora

Rick

Hi Rick,
Thanks for your information ,i have some confusions about your scenario, please help to make clear for me ?
1. When you mentioned "voice page" do you mean the interface that you can leave a voice mail to that extension ?
2. When you mentioned" transfer direct to voicemail " do you mean enter the interface than you can hear the voice mail of the extension ?
Best Regards!

Flora
The features that I referenced were merely examples where it would be nice to have a button that could be set up to pre dial a digit or a series of digits which would then be followed by pressing the DSS/BLF button so that the phone would dial the combined contents of the two buttons at one time.
Flora,

These special keys would have to be "special" because most keys that I am aware of ( speed dial, ext, blf, etc. ) execute their commands when you press the button

What he ( and I !!) are asking for is a key that would dial a digit ( 7 ) or multilple digits ( 3#) and NOT send them until ANOTHER button is pressed ( BLF 101)

The problem is that the BLF button is now a Attended or Blind Transfer and we need it to CHANGE under these circumstances to a speed dial ( 101) so that

the two button press would equal a 7 101 or a 3# 101 when these two buttons are pressed.
(12-19-2012 09:23 AM)telepathinc Wrote: [ -> ]Flora,

These special keys would have to be "special" because most keys that I am aware of ( speed dial, ext, blf, etc. ) execute their commands when you press the button

What he ( and I !!) are asking for is a key that would dial a digit ( 7 ) or multilple digits ( 3#) and NOT send them until ANOTHER button is pressed ( BLF 101)

The problem is that the BLF button is now a Attended or Blind Transfer and we need it to CHANGE under these circumstances to a speed dial ( 101) so that

the two button press would equal a 7 101 or a 3# 101 when these two buttons are pressed.

Hi
I understanding your meaning about it , but I'm little confused about this scenario that is why i asked the question.
But I never heard about this new feature, so I need more information to make it clear.
Could you please let me know if any other brand phone that can support this feature?

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Best Regards!
(12-20-2012 05:33 PM)Flora Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi
I understanding your meaning about it , but I'm little confused about this scenario that is why i asked the question.
But I never heard about this new feature, so I need more information to make it clear.
Could you please let me know if any other brand phone that can support this feature?

Best Regards!
Flora
I am unsure of how to explain this as to make it more clear than what has already been posted here. I did find a thread on another Yealink forum asking for the same feature. Here is he context of that thread.

Default Prefix and BLF on T28 ???

How can I use the Prefix feature and a blf button together?

Is there a way to do this:

Assign 1 button to prefix a *9
Assign another as a BLF extension (303)

I then want to be able to press the first button followed by the second to make an Intercom call with 3CX.

Right now when I press the BLF button it overrides the *9 and just dials normally.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message
01-25-2011 #2
Matthew
Matthew is offline Moderator

This is not possible.

WHen you provision a Speed Dial for the * code, that function key will always pass as a completed call string to the pbx. So unless you have a PBX which supports two stage dialing, then this is not possible.

Matthew Hanson
888Voip Systems Engineer
http://www.888voip.com

Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message
07-24-2011 #3
JRayfield
JRayfield is offline Senior Member

I've been trying to figure out how to do the same thing. This would allow a 3CX system, with Yealink phones, to 'act' more like an analog PBX with regards to intercom operation.

I did find that the Aastra 9143i phone will do this. The Intercom key can be programmed with *9, and when the BLF key is pressed after pressing the Intercom key, the call goes through as an Intercom call.

It would be nice if Yealink had this capability.

I believe that this functionality would be useful on many different systems
and hopefully some more people will jump into the thread and maybe one of them can explain things better than I can.

Rick
(12-28-2012 11:19 PM)rlsabin Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-20-2012 05:33 PM)Flora Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi

Best Regards!
Flora
I am unsure of how to explain this as to make it more clear than what has already been posted here. I did find a thread on another Yealink forum asking for the same feature. Here is he context of that thread.

Default Prefix and BLF on T28 ???

How can I use the Prefix feature and a blf button together?

Is there a way to do this:

Assign 1 button to prefix a *9
Assign another as a BLF extension (303)

I then want to be able to press the first button followed by the second to make an Intercom call with 3CX.

Right now when I press the BLF button it overrides the *9 and just dials normally.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

01-25-2011 #2
Matthew
Matthew is offline Moderator

This is not possible.

WHen you provision a Speed Dial for the * code, that function key will always pass as a completed call string to the pbx. So unless you have a PBX which supports two stage dialing, then this is not possible.

Matthew Hanson
888Voip Systems Engineer
http://www.888voip.com

07-24-2011 #3
JRayfield
JRayfield is offline Senior Member

I've been trying to figure out how to do the same thing. This would allow a 3CX system, with Yealink phones, to 'act' more like an analog PBX with regards to intercom operation.

I did find that the Aastra 9143i phone will do this. The Intercom key can be programmed with *9, and when the BLF key is pressed after pressing the Intercom key, the call goes through as an Intercom call.

It would be nice if Yealink had this capability.

I believe that this functionality would be useful on many different systems
and hopefully some more people will jump into the thread and maybe one of them can explain things better than I can.

Rick
Hi Rick,
Thanks for your information, i will submit it to the product department and make sure if they will consider adding this feature to the next big version .
If any update, I will let you know .
Thanks ,
Yealink Support Team
In the new 2.70 firmware of T28P there is a PREFIX ( of sorts ) in the PICKUP VALUE of a BLF key. In our PBX, we dial *8xxx for a DIRECT CALL PICKUP. The Yealink firmware v70, allows a UNIVERSAL setting in the [ Phone ] tab, [ Features ] sub-tab [ Call Pickup ] section -
Direct Call Pickup = Enabled
Direct Call Pickup Code = *8 ( our setting)

Once we see a BLF key flashing and we want to DIRECT CALL PICKUP the phone, we just PRESS the flashing BLF and we see *8101 ( or whatever ext#) and we have "picked up" the call from ext 101.

THIS IS GREAT - however it still is a SINGLE KEY - SINGLE COMMAND - in this a VERY SMART command *8101 ( but this PREFIX is built into the key - WHEN THE STATE IS "RINGING")

So here is an example of INCREDIBLE GOOD YEALINK FIRMWARE - but it does not solve the "prefix" problem

SO THE QUESTION remains - and it is at the core of the FIRMWARE level - Can we have some sort of PREFIX key, that does NOT execute the command until a SECOND key is pressed such as

Voice Announce Key ( #3 for risabin *90 for me ) and THEN press BLF key 101 and the phone sends #3101 for risabin or *90101 for me
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's