Yealink Forums

Full Version: T28P Phone identifies itself by IP address instead of user and extension
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Intermittently, internal calls from some phones show up as coming from the phone's IP address instead of the user and extension. When this happens that phone cannot put calls in park, the call quality is worse and their calls are logged by the phone's IP address instead of username and extension in the log (Barracuda 370) while the issue is happening.

I've compared phone settings and firmware and everything is the same. The issue has remained through a few firmware updates. Always intermittent and has not really gotten any worse or better over time.
Obviously, rebooting the phone fixes the problem temporarily.

Thanks!
Hi,

please upgrade to the last firmawre(2.73.0.50) and reset the phone,then test again.

after that,if this issue still exist,please tell me how often does this issue happen,twice one day?or ohters,please let me know.

to better analyze this issue,Please send the level 6 system log, config.bin file and PCAP traces to me.

About how to get these files, please refer to this FAQ:

http://support.yealink.com/faq/faqInfo?id=311

BR

klaus
OK - I will get that prepared. It doesn't happen every day so it might take a while to capture.
We are using that firmware on all the phones.
It happens on multiple phones, but the one I am focused on is our receptionist's phone.
We have a log of how often it occurs from the Barracuda Phone Server
It happened once in September 2015
4 different days in December 2015
3 days in January 2016
2 days in February (Many times on Feb 29th)

I will start the trace now on the one phone.
Well, If I set the level to 6 and confirm and reboot it doesn't stay.
Won't allow me to set the system log level to 6 I guess
It just goes back to 0

Matt
So apparently our Barracuda phone system pushes out settings when the phone boots up. So if I set the logging at 6 it doesn't stay after the reboot. Does it only take effect if I reboot. If I set the logging at 6, it stays there if I don't reboot. I started the packet capture yesterday. The issue has not happened yet
After talking to Barracuda they said that this issue is caused by the phone registration timing out. I guess the phone registers every hour or so with the Barracuda 370 server and this times out and then the phone identifies itself by the IP address until it registers with the server again.

So I am turning off the "Auto Provisioning" on our server so I can get our receptionists phone setup with the Level 6 logging and packet capturing.
I will send the packet capture once the issue happens on that phone. Though it might take days or weeks for the issue to happen.
Reference URL's