Yealink Forums

Full Version: Which Firmware Version for Update?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We buy recently several T32G and T38G Yealink phones. Currently there is version 38.70.0.105 installed on the T38G models. Which firmware I have to chose for update? At Yealink website there are several firmware files available. Version 38.70.0.125 and 38.70.0.180 are described as "new". However, version 38.70.0.180 seems to be "3CX Phone System" specific. Huh

To make it even more complicated, there exists also country related firmware version for the T38G & T32G phones. I found for example UK (38.70.23.9) and German firmware files.

Are these T38G & T32G country specific firmware all binary compatible? Or will I brick / destroy the phones when I "crossflash" to these firmware?

Last question, in final constellation, - all our Yealink phones will be connected to a FreePBX phone server. Exist there a special firmware for that PBX distro?
I would ask FreePBX if there are any tested Firmwares for those phones.
We have a bunch of T38's here and when we first got them, I installed the UK Firmware because it had a feature that we needed. We are since back on the US firmware.

We had no issues with bricked phones.
Reference URL's