Yealink Forums

Full Version: T46G Hotdesking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i cant seem to figure this one out. I have a customer with the T22P phone that is using hot desking. When you press the hotdesk button it clears info. When you press it again it asks for extension and password and connects.
On the T46G it asks for Registration Name/Extension/Password/Sip Server/Sip Server 2/ Outbound Proxy....

How is that hot desking if a user has to enter all that stuff it takes forever its faster to unplug your phone and move it and let it power back up.... Am i missing something? Is there some way to get the T46G to act the same as the T22p?

The way we see hot desking is you press the button it logs you out. press it again it ask for extension and password. It preserves all the previous proxy and sip settings for the past user...

http://www.3cx.de/blog/hot-desking-tiptel-yealink/

This is exactly how we expected it to work on the T46G. Just like the T22p
Hi tsukraw,

Do you put a Hot Desking server URL in the value in T46G?
Please notice that V71/V72 has different XML format with V60/V61.
What is the version of your T46G now?
Can you share your xml file with me?
Sorry I do not have any server address or XML. Is there any documentation on this? Are you able to provide a XML template. We are running 3cx and I don't think it has a hot desking XML with it.
Phone is running v72 firmware.
Hi tsukraw,

Please refer to below auto provisioning guide for V72.(search "hot desking", then enable or disable the corresponding value in your CFG files.)
Yealink_SIP-T4X_IP_Phones_Auto_Provisioning_Guide_V72
--------------------------------------------------------------
#!version:1.0.0.1
################################################################################​#######
## Hotdesking Startup ##
################################################################################​#######
phone_setting.logon_wizard =
hotdesking.startup_register_name_enable =
hotdesking.startup_username_enable =
hotdesking.startup_password_enable =
hotdesking.startup_sip_server_enable =
hotdesking.startup_outbound_enable =

## Hotdesking Dsskey ##
hotdesking.dsskey_register_name_enable =
hotdesking.dsskey_username_enable =
hotdesking.dsskey_password_enable =
hotdesking.dsskey_sip_server_enable =
hotdesking.dsskey_outbound_enable =
--------------------------------------------------------------
Works perfectly!
Thank you.
Reference URL's