Yealink Forums

Full Version: OpenVPN issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Trying to get VPNs working, which I've had working before on other systems with these phones. Seems to be a certificate issue.

Note: I've found another thread that said the problem was with sha256, so I've found an older easy-rsa and used that. My algorithms now read:
Code:
sha1WithRSAEncryption

This is what I get in the phone log:
Code:
Jan 18 18:09:30 openvpn[588]: VERIFY ERROR: depth=1, error=certificate signature failure: /C=GB/ST=GtLondon/L=London/O=TTL/OU=yealink.com/CN=server/name=EasyRSA/emailAddress=me@email.com
Jan 18 18:09:30 openvpn[588]: TLS_ERROR: BIO read tls_read_plaintext error: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed
Jan 18 18:09:30 openvpn[588]: TLS Error: TLS object -> incoming plaintext read error
Jan 18 18:09:30 openvpn[588]: TLS Error: TLS handshake failed
Jan 18 18:09:30 openvpn[588]: TCP/UDP: Closing socket
1. What firmware of the phones? And how many phones do you have?
2. Please send the log of phone to me.
3. If possible, please send the configuration files to me.
(01-19-2016 04:03 AM)Yealink_Karl Wrote: [ -> ]1. What firmware of the phones? And how many phones do you have?
2. Please send the log of phone to me.
3. If possible, please send the configuration files to me.

My test phone is a T46G, and it's running 28.72.23.6

I'll PM the files over, thank you!
I find the version is YUK version, can you contact with the YUK distributor for help.
If you can't get help from them. Please describe the issue in email and attach the files we need in the email.
I will help you forward this email to the YUK distributor for help. My email address is karl@yealink.com
(01-20-2016 03:50 AM)Yealink_Karl Wrote: [ -> ]I find the version is YUK version, can you contact with the YUK distributor for help.
If you can't get help from them. Please describe the issue in email and attach the files we need in the email.
I will help you forward this email to the YUK distributor for help. My email address is karl@yealink.com

It's the same phone surely? Are you able to help, can you see what the problem is? Would rather not be passed on, I find getting help on forums much easier, and it will also assist others if they encounter the same problem...?
Hi,

I would like to help you with this issue.
But your phone run the YUK version, and the versoin is old V72 version.
As I know, the v72 version can't suppor the SHA256. The latet YUK V80 version maybe support it.
And I can't send the YUK version to you. Sugget that you can contact with the YUK distributor for V80 version to do a test.
(01-22-2016 02:54 AM)Yealink_Karl Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I would like to help you with this issue.
But your phone run the YUK version, and the versoin is old V72 version.
As I know, the v72 version can't suppor the SHA256. The latet YUK V80 version maybe support it.
And I can't send the YUK version to you. Sugget that you can contact with the YUK distributor for V80 version to do a test.

We've now been without phones for over a week. UK support say it is with 'R&D' and that they are continually chasing but nothing's happening. The support we are getting is woeful. If this had been a customer's system we would be in serious trouble now, but it's still very embarrassing for us.

We are using SHA1, but we have also tried upgrading the firmware to the new version which supports SHA256, but the problem still persists.

What do we need to do to get technical support? Once again we are feeling let down by inadequate help on the rare occasion that we need to ask for it.
OpenVPN is the best option you have if you are a vpn user. But if you are looking for a best free VPN you must try FalcoVPN. It must be a good choice.
Reference URL's