Yealink Forums

Full Version: [Q] Switching between base stations?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Yealink Support!
Considering to deploy 3 W52P base stations with 15 handsets for a high density application (warehouse and surrounding grounds) with an Asterisk PBX.

If handsets are registered with all 3 base stations, will they automatically switch between them?
- when moving from base-1 coverage area to base-2 coverage area?
- when in an overlapping coverage area of both base-1 and base-2, but base-1 does not have open channels (i.e. 4 calls ongoing)?

Sorry if this is trivial, I am familiar with IP PBX and VOIP, but new to DECT.
Thanks
Hi lleo_,

1. Sorry. If you want to enlarge the coverage of base, please use repeater combined with base.
Yealink DECT Repeater RT10 UserGuide

So if your handsets register to both bases, it won't switch from one base to another base automatically. But you can change the base in the handsets manually.

2. It depends on the current base of handsets. If your handset is using the base 1 currently, it won't go to other base in the overlapping coverage area automatically. But if your handset lose connection in this erea, it will automatically choose the base which has stronger signal.

If you want to know more info, please refer to below guide.
Yealink DECT Phone System Deployment Guide
Yealink DECT Phone System Solution
Thanks, studying your deployment guides and other documents I now recognize that the W52P is not a multi-cell DECT system.

In the 'Deployment Guide' it is stated: "...the radio coverage in front of the [base station] devices is twice as large as the coverage at the rear..."

Can you please provide an RF pattern chart in horizontal and vertical plane?

It is difficult to imagine an antenna pattern that is asymmetrical. Also in most diagrams in the deployment guide the coverage field is depicted with a circle.
Hi lleo_,

Our RF range is circle in open area.
" When base stations and repeaters are mounted vertically on a wall, the radio coverage in front of these devices is twice as large as the coverage at the rear. "
This is a special scenario so the radio coverage will decrease through the wall.
Thank, this is helpful.
Reference URL's