Yealink Forums

Full Version: Please remove the booting chime
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please remove the chime noise the phone makes when it is powering on.
In a conference room filled with people if the phone is not plugged in it is very annoying having that loud chime go off....

Also when doing a demo with a room full of people and you are firing up the demo equipment having the chime is not good.

Thanks
hi

thanks for your information

for this request, the music can't be removed for the present , but we have submit it to our product department for evaluation

TKS & BR

Michael
Please Remove this useless sound.
Another vote for either removing the sound or having an option in config to disable it.

Clients look at use very strangely when a 20 second sound plays quite loudly on the phone...
Sounds like someone is over attached to this "feature". Yeah pretty annoying. We have switched to another speakerphone vendor for this reason. If the sound volume was cut it half it would be fine.

Its fine in the conference room. But its annoying for my lab, so no.

Cheers!
Bump for an old thread. This "melody" is hated by customers. Is this device still supported? Since we are in the second year of EoS, is it still possible to fix this ? The requests are 4 years old ...

(2) For the second year till, and including, the fifth year from the End of Life, Yealink will attempt to provide SW bug fixes. In the EOL support phase, a SW upgrade of the product to a newer existing release will also be seen as a fix to the SW bug. Providing a fix may not be possible in some cases due to the limitation of hardware or software architecture, and Yealink in its sole discretion will determine what fixes, if any, will be provided.
Have you tried the latest firmware for it? From what I recall they removed that boot chime in one of the later builds. I haven't got a CP860 anymore to test with but check the firmware change logs I'm sure I remember seeing it noted at one point...
(05-28-2020 03:59 PM)jolouis Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried the latest firmware for it? From what I recall they removed that boot chime in one of the later builds. I haven't got a CP860 anymore to test with but check the firmware change logs I'm sure I remember seeing it noted at one point...

You're right! I didn't bother testing a newer firmware as this thread had been left unanswered, but indeed in the "latest" from 2017 there is this note :

3.Removed the background music when CP860 is powered on.

I guess its time to certify a new firmware.

Thanks Smile
(05-28-2020 04:05 PM)fchampagne Wrote: [ -> ]You're right! I didn't bother testing a newer firmware as this thread had been left unanswered

I'd recommend always testing the latest firmware before searching for answers. Yealink (like virtually every other company it seems) often times "just does things" without always updating everyone who asked for it.

BTW just for historical reference the reason Yealink had that sound there originally was to provide a means of calibrating the microphones against a fixed audio sample. They removed it due to user complaints and I assume just stuck with default factory configuration, but I remember having a discussion with one of their engineers who specifically told me the noise cancellation and acoustic pickup quality would not be as good without that bootup calibration. Makes total sense from a technical perspective but obviously since they never actually conveyed that to anyone users just thought it was an annoyance...
Reference URL's