Yealink Forums

Full Version: Importing a Directory file with T46G
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am not sure if i am doing this correct or not. So added all the names and numbers into the web gui for the T46G. After that I exported it to an xml file. I took that file put in a tftp server.

In this section i added the following to the configuration file:

#############
## Contact ##
#############
#Before using these parameters, you should store the desired resource files to the provisioning server.
#For more information, refer to Yealink SIP-T46G IP Phone Family Administrator Guide.
local_contact.data.url = tftp://ipaddress/filename.xml

meaning ipaddress = ip address of the tftp server
meaning filename.xml = file name of the xml document.

I rebooted the phone and can see it hit the tftp server and download but no directory shows up. Since I exported the file I am guessing all the information is correct on the export for what it would need to import.

what am i doing wrong here?
Hi JamesK,

Sorry. It is a bug in this scenario.
1. I have submitted this bug to our R&D. We will solve this bug.
2. Or you can use our phonebook generation tool to build a local phonebook or remote phonebook.
http://www.yealink.com/Upload/T4X/GA/Yea...952205.zip
Ok this is still not working for me.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<root_group>
<group display_name="All Contacts" ring="" />
<group display_name="Company" ring="" />
<group display_name="Family" ring="" />
<group display_name="Friend" ring="" />
<group display_name="Blacklist" ring="" />
</root_group>
<root_contact>
<contact display_name="James" office_number="3145551212" mobile_number="" other_number="" line="0" ring="Auto" group_id_name="All Contacts" default_photo="" />
</root_contact>

I can get it to pull the file via tftp!
I cannot get this to pull via ftp with user id and password!
I can get it to pull via ftp with anonymous credentials.

the ftp string i am using is ftp://userid:password@ipaddress with my 3cdaemon. Can this work via FTP with userid and password? I am guessing since it worked via tftp that the file structure is good and via ftp with no user id password it works.
(01-11-2014 09:47 AM)Yealink Support Wrote: [ -> ]Hi JamesK,

2. Or you can use our phonebook generation tool to build a local phonebook or remote phonebook.

ok so it is a bug then? darn bugs I keep finding them. Thank you for telling me it is a bug so I can stop working on it. Will it be fixed in the next firmware update?
(01-11-2014 09:47 AM)Yealink Support Wrote: [ -> ]Hi JamesK,

it has been close to 2 months on this, do we have an eta for a new firmware that will address this issue?
Hi JamesK,
1. Sorry. It will be added to the major version. The contact file that we export contact.xml from phone has different format with our contact template. Please delete is_favorate="0" in your contact.xml and auto provisioning to phone.

2. Is the username/password issue the bug for 3cdaemon? Do you change other ftp server and try again?
(03-06-2014 10:24 AM)Yealink Support Wrote: [ -> ]Hi JamesK,
1. Sorry. It will be added to the major version. The contact file that we export contact.xml from phone has different format with our contact template. Please delete is_favorate="0" in your contact.xml and auto provisioning to phone.

2. Is the username/password issue the bug for 3cdaemon? Do you change other ftp server and try again?

The issue is not with 3cdaemon. I can use a regular ftp site. if i allow anonymous log in, meaning you do not need a user id or a password and just use ftp://ftp.place.com/foldername/filename.xml it works. As soon as i stop allowing anonymous log in and then require a password and do ftp://userid:password@ftp.place.com/fold...lename.xml it will hit the site but not log in and not download. does that help clear it up?
Hi JamesK,

I have reproduced this issue and submitted to our R&D. Sorry for the late reply.
I have not tested this just yet but i wanted to know, has this been fixed in this this new firmware version? 28.72.0.25? I see nothing about it in the release notes!
Sorry. It doesn't solve this issue in this firmware. This scenario will induce some issues when receive contacts from server.
So our product department will evaluate to add or not in commercial firmware.
Reference URL's