Yealink Forums

Full Version: Beep to notify successful attended transfer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Any news on this? I have the same problem... I need some kind of sound/beep/tone when a call is transfered.

By the way.. in some posts sounds like some of you already have that sound. Is that right? where can I enable it?
Hi hernexto,

I think this beep sound was sent by SIP server. If your server doesn't support this feature, we can't display this beep sound in phones.
Seems that even the Asterisk 1.6.x (inside our Yeastar MyPBX U100) may support it, the frontend of PBX does not and siimply deletes the ATTENDED_TRANSFER_COMPLETE_SOUND=beep config entry.

Thanks for you answer
Sorry to bring such an old post. I still think this is a feature many people is waiting for!
Asterisk implements its own method to transfer calls (*2) That is why we get the beep sound.

Yealink phones rely only on SIP protocol (http://www.in2eps.com/fo-sip/tk-fo-sip-service-05.html) so they don't execute Asterisk code *2 to start a transfer and we don't hear the beep.

I think Yealink could still implement a beep sound after transfer: The phone receiving the transfer (or the one being transferred) could play a beep sound on their RTP session because it was established by a REFER SIP packet.

Please try this for next firmware!
We also still need this feature!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's