Yealink Forums

Full Version: Cannot update Base & Handset light won't go on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi - I am unable to update a W52P Base. The screen says "updating do not close or refresh browser". The base unit lights seem to follow a normal sequence. When finished the Phone Tab still says firmware version: 25.50.0.22. Same for updating via MAC or Windows.

Also - the Handset light on the base is off - although it was light at the appropriate time during the firmware upgrade of the base. Now the Handset display constantly shows "Initializing Data"

The handset shows the base has IP of 0.0.0.0, yet I can login to base and verified it's IP address via a network scan.

If I press the button on the base for 2s all lights go dark and will not light until I power cycle base unit.
Hi,

Please try the hard reset and upgrade again.
1.Disconnect power from base.
2.Press Paging button on base, at the meantime, connect with power supplier. You​ may find all the light lit one by one
3.Release Paging button, disconnect power, connect power again.
Yes, I tried that previously. I've tried that a few times. After I restore power. After completing those steps and re-powering the base only the "Power" and "LAN" lights come on. The Handset light will not come on. I cannot pair the Handset to the base - when I try to register to Base 1 it searches two times - then says replace base.

I have also tried to auto provision, and to register the base, with only the "Power" and "LAN" lights. No success.

I am also not able to upgrade the firmware in the base.
I have another base unit and handset and I was easily able to upgrade firmware without a problem.
(11-11-2015 09:51 PM)ed@att Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I tried that previously. I've tried that a few times. After I restore power. After completing those steps and re-powering the base only the "Power" and "LAN" lights come on. The Handset light will not come on. I cannot pair the Handset to the base - when I try to register to Base 1 it searches two times - then says replace base.

I have also tried to auto provision, and to register the base, with only the "Power" and "LAN" lights. No success.

I am also not able to upgrade the firmware in the base.
I have another base unit and handset and I was easily able to upgrade firmware without a problem.

Hi,

It is simply defective. you will need to replace it.
Please contact with your distributor for help to replace the phone, if the phone still in warranty time.
Reference URL's