Yealink Forums

Full Version: T48G Top row keypad buttons requiring too much pressure after time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We have a client using T48G phones for their reception area and they get some heavy usage.

The phones have been in place for a couple months and we have been seeing an issue where the top three keypad buttons---1,2, and 3---are requiring a heavier key press to get them to respond. Sometimes even then they do not register the key press at all.

*NOTE, this is not the touch screen but the physical keypad buttons.

Yealink is replacing the phones but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue.

I don't want to keep replacing these phones every few months.
hi

thanks for your information

for this issue , it is advised to upgrade to the last firmware and then reset the phone to factory , then test again

firmware download link :

http://support.yealink.com/attachmentDow...0.0.70.zip

TKS & BR

Michael
(11-07-2015 06:24 AM)Yealink_Michael Wrote: [ -> ]hi

thanks for your information

for this issue , it is advised to upgrade to the last firmware and then reset the phone to factory , then test again

firmware download link :

http://support.yealink.com/attachmentDow...0.0.70.zip

TKS & BR

Michael

I don't mean to be rude but I made a specific note mentioning that this is a physical button issue and not the touch screen. Although I had returned a previous T48G for an issue in the upper left area of the screen being unresponsive to touch.

Do you really think firmware will fix a physical button issue? Although there is programming somewhere that does read button touch but I would think that is normally IC programming and not soft or firmware programming.

I am skeptical but I can try that and let you know...the phones were fine for the first couple months.

Also, just for reference, their current firmware is 35.73.0.50.rom
Sorry, been busy and just got back to this issue.
We have had two more phones from this client come back with the issue.
I did install the latest updated firmware from your link, 35.80.0.70, and the phone still has the issue even after multiple reboots.
Just to recap.
The physical number keypad buttons, specifically 1,2,3,5 and 6 all require a lot more pressure to get the buttons to work whereas all the other number buttons work with a regular push of the button.
Did you get an answer to this? We are experiencing this on one phone and my thinking is that the buttons need cleaning but I can't find any resource to show how.
Reference URL's