Yealink Forums

Full Version: Yet another password question [FIXED]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I have just upgraded a T22p to firmware Firmware: 7.73.0.50

The phone keeps locking me out!

I can factory reset without Ethernet, then connect, get in with admin/admin - perform a setup, switch off provisioning etc

Then soon as I reboot on change of network settings the phone locks me out!

Help!
Just tried 7.73.193.50 also does same thing Sad
think I just made things worse - now I can't do a factory reset either as it asks me for the password Sad Sad

have I bricked my phone?
OK so following James instructions I have performed a firmware update in recovery mode i.e. press & hold the speaker button whilst powering on, enter your TFTP server details [which was running on a Win7 box] with this firmware in the TFTP share directory

http://www.yealink.co.uk/files/Yealink_W...2.23.3.zip

Renamed to T22.rom

This all went fine i.e. transferred the ROM and updated / rebooted - however the unit still wont accept 'admin' as password!

I have also tried the last 6 chars of the MAC address and the last 8 chars to no avail!
Because of finding this post on the forum ;

http://forum.yealink.com/forum/showthrea...e=threaded

* I created two .cfg files as follows :-

0123456789XX.cfg and 0123456789XX-local.cfg [where 01234... = MAC Address of Phone]

* I edited them with Notepad to contain :-

[ AdminPassword ]
path = /config/Setting/autop.cfg
Password = admin

* I then placed these in the share directory of the Windows TFTP server software

* I then rebooted the phone and at the 'Zero Touch' prompt pressed OK and selected IPv4
and for URL put the LANIP of the Windows box

After the message saying 'Autoconfigure Update' or similar I rebooted and can now get in
with the password 'admin'

I will test all my other settings and saves etc for this afternoon. If this all works I will mark this as FIXED tonight!

Have a great weekend!
How did you get the phone to request those .cfg files in tftp mode? I only see my phone request the .rfs and .bin files.
Thanks,
Assi
Hi Assi,

during the phone auto provisioning, the phone will request the common.cfg and MAC.cfg files, but not the .rfs and .bin files.
the request of .rfs and .bin files is on Recovery mode.
the common.cfg and MAC.cfg files is to configure the setting you want to use.
the .rfs and .bin files is the boot files for the phone to reload the .rom file.
Reference URL's