Yealink Forums

Full Version: BLF does not work after changing provider
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Help!
I'm a small business owner who just switched from a local company to Vonage due to really bad service from my local company. Old company set up T27P in all 3 locations and the BLF feature worked fine. Since switching to Vonage, the BLF feature does not notify me that other extensions are unavailable. I have configured DSS, I think correctly, but not sure. Please remember I am not a guy who does this regularly, so plain english is appreciated!
hi

thanks for your information

for this issue, please make sure that BLF configuration is correct first,

then upgrade T27 to the last firmware we release and reset to factory and test again , firmware download link :

http://support.yealink.com/attachmentDow...0.0.70.zip

if the issue still exist, then please provide us the trace file for future analysis ,trace file including pcap file, config bin and syslog file , and we need three of them provide at one time.

for how to get them , please refer to the FAQ below:
http://forum.yealink.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1319

after you collect all of them , please send them and the detail description of the issue to support@yealink.com this email is 24 hours work , then we will follow up quickly .

let me know if any question

TKS & BR

Michae
(11-04-2015 04:28 AM)conspiano Wrote: [ -> ]Help!
I'm a small business owner who just switched from a local company to Vonage due to really bad service from my local company. Old company set up T27P in all 3 locations and the BLF feature worked fine. Since switching to Vonage, the BLF feature does not notify me that other extensions are unavailable. I have configured DSS, I think correctly, but not sure. Please remember I am not a guy who does this regularly, so plain english is appreciated!

Hi,

I run a hosted platform so i will offer some brief advice which may help. It all depends on how their voip platform is setup. Whether it is truly a multi tenant platform of just a version of asterisk. We have been known to give our customers a prefix in order to separate them for others....i.e Company A may have an extension range of 200-210 but really at the server its 7000200 - 7000201 (Company B would be 7001200-7001210). The first 4 digits are there for our benefit but when you put in the BLF digits you may require the full extension number including the 4 digit prefix in order to get it to work.

I would contact your existing provider and see whether this may be a cause. It may also be that they simply don't support BLF.....

If you run into issues you could always change provider. Like to me for example (had to squeeze that one in).
(12-03-2015 10:21 PM)devlo3124 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-04-2015 04:28 AM)conspiano Wrote: [ -> ]Help!

Hi,

I run a hosted platform so i will offer some brief advice which may help. It all depends on how their voip platform is setup. Whether it is truly a multi tenant platform of just a version of asterisk. We have been known to give our customers a prefix in order to separate them for others....i.e Company A may have an extension range of 200-210 but really at the server its 7000200 - 7000201 (Company B would be 7001200-7001210). The first 4 digits are there for our benefit but when you put in the BLF digits you may require the full extension number including the 4 digit prefix in order to get it to work.

I would contact your existing provider and see whether this may be a cause. It may also be that they simply don't support BLF.....

If you run into issues you could always change provider. Like to me for example (had to squeeze that one in).

Try changing the phone to Register using TCP instead of UDP
Reference URL's