Yealink Forums

Full Version: Upgrade T28P firmware
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have several Crexendo branded Yealink T28P phones. They will take a configuration and work but they are stuck at firmware: 2.61.37.6

Is there an upgrade process for this? I have attempted install using TFTP and the web GUI and each time the phone says firmware upgrade but then it does not upgrade.

I have attempted to contact Crexendo but they have not responded.
Hi fdtcloud,

Please ask Crexendo for help, because their version has software protection.
I just got off the phone with Craig at Crexendo (855 211 2255) and he said they do not have a migration path and suggested I contact Yealink support.
Hi fdtcloud,

You can upgrade to higher version like x.70.37.9.
Do you want to upgrade to other version?
I would like a higher version. I cant seem to get the phone to take any version. We use lots of Yealink T28P phones with x.71. I have tried using the GUI to upgrade and the phone says firmware upgrading but after reboot it is on the same version. I also get the same result using TFTP.
I believe that they are saying that the only software version that you can upgrade to would be another version that was built was built for Crescendo ie the x.70.37.9. We run into the same problem with Yealink phones running Tadiran firmware the only upgrade that the phone will take is another Tadiran firmware. This is very frustrating as Tadiran approved firmware is probably 2 years behind what Yealink is using now. We pay more to use non Tadiran Yealink phones so we dont have to run their obsolete firmware.

Rick
Reference URL's