Yealink Forums

Full Version: How to add remote phonebook to dialing list via provisioning file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2 years ago, I started this thread about using the provisioning file on my 3CX server to have the T46G phones use the 3CX remote phonebook as a source in the dialing list.
http://forum.yealink.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=858
My goal then and now.... to be able to view the 3cx phonebook on my T46G and dial by name, i.e. for Jason, I could type 5-2-7, corresponding to J-A-S, and it would display all phonebook entries that matched that.

We've had this working fine in the past. I just upgraded the server to 3CX v14 and need to rebuild my provisioning files, and this old thread doesn't seem to work.

Specifically, when I follow the Yealink directions in that thread and rename common.cfg as y000000000028.cfg and plop that cfg file in the provisioning directory, 3CX overwrites it and the super_search URL is lost.

Yealink, is there a better/newer/different method now? If so, where are directions? Is it better to have the phones periodically copy the remote phonebook to themselves, rather than using the remote phonebook as one source of several sources that are used for each lookup?
Thanks.
I had test in latest firmware, and there is the result:
When you want to dial a contact, press the deirctory then choose the phonebook, and you can see the all contacts, if you want to search one contact, you need to press the search and input the name. If you don't press the search, and press the any number button, it will show URL is empty. So you can upgrade the T46 to the latest firmware, you can download the firmware from the link: http://support.yealink.com/attachmentDow...0.0.70.zip

And if you want to add remote phonebook via auto provisioning, you can use the syntax: remote_phonebook.data.X.url=
and the x range from 1 to 5.

For your last suggestion, if the phone copy the remote phonebook in themselves, it will take up memory. It can work, but consider the memory of remote phonebook, if some phonebook have large memory, and it beyond the memory of the phone. It's hard for us to solve the problem, so we can change the method of update the phonebook.
(10-23-2015 07:47 PM)Yealink_Karl Wrote: [ -> ]I had test in latest firmware, and there is the result:
When you want to dial a contact, press the deirctory then choose the phonebook, and you can see the all contacts, if you want to search one contact, you need to press the search and input the name. If you don't press the search, and press the any number button, it will show URL is empty. So you can upgrade the T46 to the latest firmware, you can download the firmware from the link: http://support.yealink.com/attachmentDow...0.0.70.zip
I don't see any of this. Not sure what you're referring to.

Quote:And if you want to add remote phonebook via auto provisioning, you can use the syntax: remote_phonebook.data.X.url=
I will try this. But this only tells the phone where this phonebook is - what should I put in the provisioning file to tell the phone to use this source in the dial list?

Quote:For your last suggestion, if the phone copy the remote phonebook in themselves, it will take up memory. It can work, but consider the memory of remote phonebook, if some phonebook have large memory, and it beyond the memory of the phone. It's hard for us to solve the problem, so we can change the method of update the phonebook.
Understood, but for phones that can use it, it would make all this quite a bit easier. There are other options in the provisioning file that specify that they're only valid for some specific models. I think this could be the same - only supported for T46G and above, for example.

Thanks!
(10-23-2015 10:03 PM)engine411 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2015 07:47 PM)Yealink_Karl Wrote: [ -> ]I had test in latest firmware, and there is the result:
I don't see any of this. Not sure what you're referring to.

Replay: Can't you see it? Do you upgrade to the 28.80.0.70? I had test in this latest firmware. Do you see search in the bottom of the interface, when you press the button, you can't see any contacts, but when you input any number, you will see the contact. Please test again, if you can't see again, please screencapture for us.
Quote:And if you want to add remote phonebook via auto provisioning, you can use the syntax: remote_phonebook.data.X.url=
I will try this. But this only tells the phone where this phonebook is - what should I put in the provisioning file to tell the phone to use this source in the dial list?

Replay: When go to dial interface, you will see the direcotry in the botton of the screen, only press the button, and you can select the contact you want to call, please test again.

Quote:For your last suggestion, if the phone copy the remote phonebook in themselves, it will take up memory. It can work, but consider the memory of remote phonebook, if some phonebook have large memory, and it beyond the memory of the phone. It's hard for us to solve the problem, so we can change the method of update the phonebook.
Understood, but for phones that can use it, it would make all this quite a bit easier. There are other options in the provisioning file that specify that they're only valid for some specific models. I think this could be the same - only supported for T46G and above, for example.

Replay: For this question, I think I need to double check with our R&D then give you respond.

Thanks!
Engine441
Shoot my a PM and ill help you out.
This will indeed work in V14 we have it up and working just fine.

So what we have is as soon as we press say 5-2-6 we see the directory entries that start with J-A-M.

You need to enable "super_search" which allows you to turn on Directory Resolution for numbers.
You also need to turn on Incoming/Outgoing Call Lookup to ENABLE.

The 3CX templates have these off by default. At least they did in the past. I use all customer templates now days.

But like i said PM me and id gladly help you get it going on your system. If you could include a copy of the template you are using and ill highlight the settings you need to change.
Sorry guys. I didn't realize these replies were here. No email notifications.

I will need to check my account settings as to why I'm not getting notified, and I'll get back to this project soon to give you the courtesy of a reply to your suggestions.
Thanks.
Reference URL's