Yealink Forums

Full Version: Problems T28P+EXP38
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello, we have a T28P with three EXP38 attached.

Each time the phone is rebooted for any reason, EXP38s require AT LEAST HALF HOUR to get fully and stable functionality.
After the reboot, some lights on the EXPs do turn on, and other off... and change their state (I'm not telling about switching between green and red as usual, I really mean ON and OFF). E.g. after five minutes you have all lights turned on, and after ten minutes you have a third of them off again, with no clear reason.

Trying to fix this problem (and other minor problems with the phone), today I updated T28 software from V60.x to V71 (2.71.0.165).
But this has not fixed the issue, maybe it's even worse now. E.g. some minutes after the reboot, calling an internal number (from the phone itself) sometimes may take many seconds, instead of just the couple of seconds it takes normally... some calls seem to "hang up" automatically with no apparent reason, etc. In short, the phone seems to be LESS stable than before. And EXP38s are still working strangely after half hour. Maybe after the EXPs will have become "stable", all the phone may become more stable... but how long can this require?

Any idea?
I'm going to send you an email with the systemlog .tar file...

Another thing: how to know if EXP38 requires a firmware update?
All our three EXP38 have hardware version 16.0.0.0 and firmware version 3.17.0.0.
Your EXP38 support page
http://www.yealink.com/SupportDownloadfi...4&flag=142
does not expressly mention a firmware version, but links a .zip file with instruction for updating them by using an apposite T28 firmware (in short: flash T28 with an apposite modified firmware, then connect EXP38 to it -ONE AT A TIME!- to flash EXP38, then flash T28 again with a standard firmware. Not comfortable at all.)... that does not mention which one will be the resulting EXP38 firmware version (do I need it or not?), and how may do it someone who is using a T26 instead of a T28.
Hi Mauro,

I notice that you have sent a email to our support mail box and my colleague will reply you today.
In the meanwhile, an extra info:

T28P is powered by a PoE+ switch, and there is no external power supply attached to EXPs (IIRC, no extra power is required, up to 3 EXP38, right?).
Hi Mauro,

You can power T28 with POE+switch, but you need to suppply power adapter to the third EXP. So your issue may be related to the power supply. Can you kindly test again?
Now I attached a power connector to the third EXP.
But even minutes after I did that, I noticed that a few lights on the FIRST one did turn off for a while, and then returned on. I'll try to see what happens with a phone reboot later.

In the meawhile, we noticed another thing, maybe related to the firmware update performed. Now it is not possible anymore to use the buttons of the EXPs to pick up a call from a phone which is ringing.
E.g. if phone 221 is ringing, I see its light blinking on the EXP... pushing that BLF button while it's still ringing, I should be able to pick-up that call. But it does not happen anymore. The command to intercept a such call on the PBX is **number, in this case **221. Looking at the T28 display, it seems that touching the EXP button of the 221 number while it's blinking generates a **221221 instead of just **221.

Maybe with the new firmware, a different setting is required for that feature?
I checked in the "DDS keys" -> "EXT buttons" menu. The key is set as "BLF" with value "221", line "Line1" and Extension "**221".
To make a try, I tried to modify the "extension" field to just ** instead of **221, but after re-loading the page, that field automatically returns to **221.

Any ideas?
Updates for the main problem:

Now I rebooted the phone by unplugging PoE ethernet cable and EXP power cable.
I can see the EXP power adapter (pugged into the third EXP) works, due to the fact it lighted on even the phone when it was plugged in and the ethernet cable was not.

However, the issue is not resolved at all. Minutes after the reboot, lights on EXP buttons do randomly turn on and off with no apparent reason.
Did you find something out from the log file I sent you?
Hi Mauro,

I think the version of EXP38 is too low. Please upgrade the version of EXP38.

ftp://yealinkftp:yealinkftp@ftp.yealink.....0.202.rom
Please refer to below guide.
http://www.yealink.com/Upload/document/H...772918.zip
(12-13-2013 05:43 PM)Yealink Support Wrote: [ -> ]ftp://yealinkftp:yealinkftp@ftp.yealink.....0.202.rom
The other link of your post is the EXP38 firmware update procedure (which includes a 0.0.0.206 T28 temporary ROM file) available on EXP38 support page, but this one? Why did you link 2.60.0.202.rom? T28 is already updated to V7x firmware, I thought that downgrading to V6x firmware was not allowed...
Huh

Uhm.. I just used the 0.0.0.206 rom file in the zip and performed the firmware update procedure on all the EXPs.

Then I flashed the phone with current firmware 2.71.0.165, then attached the EXPs again, and I discovered that EXP firmware version is still 3.17.0.0, exactly as before!

But even worse, I had another EXP38, bought recently to be used with ANOTHER phone, which had firmware version 5.17.0.0 before the firmware upgrade. Now it has got 3.17.0.0 too! Ouch!

What's the reason for this?

Should I have used that 2.60.0.202.rom in the place of of 0.0.0.206.rom??? But the only EXP38 firmware update file available on your site is the one including 0.0.0.206.rom.... is anyone trying to upgrade his EXP38s, downgrading them in reality?
(By the way, considering it's said to be a T28 firmware, I have not yet understood how someone with T26 may update his own EXP38)

UPDATE: Now I tried that 2.60.0.202.rom... it seems a standard T28 firmware, it doesn't ask to plug the EXP for upgrading. I have no idea about what to think now.
(12-13-2013 07:53 PM)Mauro Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-13-2013 05:43 PM)Yealink Support Wrote: [ -> ]ftp://yealinkftp:yealinkftp@ftp.yealink.....0.202.rom
The other link of your post is the EXP38 firmware update procedure (which includes a 0.0.0.206 T28 temporary ROM file) available on EXP38 support page, but this one? Why did you link 2.60.0.202.rom? T28 is already updated to V7x firmware, I thought that downgrading to V6x firmware was not allowed...
Huh

Uhm.. I just used the 0.0.0.206 rom file in the zip and performed the firmware update procedure on all the EXPs.

Then I flashed the phone with current firmware 2.71.0.165, then attached the EXPs again, and I discovered that EXP firmware version is still 3.17.0.0, exactly as before!

But even worse, I had another EXP38, bought recently to be used with ANOTHER phone, which had firmware version 5.17.0.0 before the firmware upgrade. Now it has got 3.17.0.0 too! Ouch!

What's the reason for this?

Should I have used that 2.60.0.202.rom in the place of of 0.0.0.206.rom??? But the only EXP38 firmware update file available on your site is the one including 0.0.0.206.rom.... is anyone trying to upgrade his EXP38s, downgrading them in reality?
(By the way, considering it's said to be a T28 firmware, I have not yet understood how someone with T26 may update his own EXP38)

UPDATE: Now I tried that 2.60.0.202.rom... it seems a standard T28 firmware, it doesn't ask to plug the EXP for upgrading. I have no idea about what to think now.

I know that in order to upgrade the firmware on the EHS36 (headset adapter), you have to first downgrade the firmware of the phone you are using since .70+ will not pass through the firmware to the EHS device. Maybe the same for the EXP module. Either way, I have rolled back firmware from .70 to .60 without issues.
I hope Yealink support will reply soon... I don't know what to do...
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's