Yealink Forums

Full Version: T46G - Bluetooth Headset Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I believe this is more a bug than a configuration issue.

Essentially what is happening is the T46G is holding the Bluetooth Audio channel OPEN even when not in a phone call. The only way to close the audio channel is to hit the Headset button to disable headset mode (Even though the headset stays paired to the T46G).

With mobile phones (Or even older Bluetooth base stations from the likes of Plantronics) when a phone call comes in the Phone opens the audio channel and your Bluetooth headset 'wakes' from sleep mode and allows audio transmission; when the phone call is completed it signals the headset to go back to sleep and you don't waste your battery using talk time when no body is talking.

I've confirmed this with 3 different Bluetooth Adapters (Including the Yealink BT40) and with three different Bluetooth Headsets (Plantronics, Jawbone and Bose). The problem is not with the headsets or Bluetooth adapters.

Yealink are you able to update the firmware on the phones to support using Standby mode correctly?

(If any one knows of a config change that would allow for this I'm all ears as well Smile )
Hi DJ_HiP,

This issue we will fix in next version. Smile
(12-09-2013 03:40 PM)Yealink Support Wrote: [ -> ]Hi DJ_HiP,

This issue we will fix in next version. Smile

Fantastic, I'll post back with the results when the firmware is available Smile
what brands of Bluetooth adaptors work with the T46G?
Hi jasit,

Please refer to below link for tested headset list.
Tested headset list compatible with yealink ip phone
I am seeing the same issues with my Plantronics Voyager Pro HD headset. I have tested with several other devices ie..cisco, android, etc... and have no problems with standby. I use with the yealink t46g (Firmware 28.72.0.1) and the headset is dead after 3-4hrs (this is after a good 12 hr charge). It is not hanging up or going into standby after the phone ends the call. We have about 60 of these headsets in the field and not had issues until the T46G. I did notice the tested compatibility list and did not see my headset on there. Am I just out of luck to think that this will be fixed with future updates to the firmware?
Hi bryiley,

We do make a custom verson yet.
Please test in below link.
Hi, seems to work on my end now. Changed firmware from 28.72.0.1. to 28.71.0.185. Using Plantronics Voyager Legend w/firmware 99. The headset goes to standby after the call and connects when placing a call. The headset button on the T46G is continuously lit up. Great improvement in the firmware for people using this headset!
Thanks to your feedback.
My sincere apologies on not getting to this till now. I have back rev'd the firmware on the phone as instructed. It now sits at 28.71.0.185 and I am having the same result as posted by pacpac. The green headset light is lit. When I begin dialing I hear a beep bleep beep in my ear from the headse. I am able to complete the call and I end the call. My only question at this point is, should I conclude when the end call button is pushed or the call disconnects (Ends) and the desktop of the phone screen appears that the headset is then in standby? Given that the beep bleep beep happens again when I pickup and dial im making an assumption that the answer is yes beings there is no real way to confirm that.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Reference URL's