Yealink Forums

Full Version: User Must Hit Answer and When Calls End they go to Speaker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not sure if I have a bad T28 phone on my hands or I'm missing something. I'm rather new to Yealink phones but am trying to learn.

I have a 2 users who when they are called from the reception phone pick up their handsets and have to press "Answer" to accept the call. Also, one of them has reported that when she's done with a call and puts the handset in the cradle it makes the call go to speaker instead of terminating the call.

All other phones in the group pick up intercom calls when the handset is picked up and terminates the call when the handset is put down.

Any ideas? Phones in question are T28 and have the 2.71.0.165 firmware installed.

Thank you.
Hi jaywa73,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

1. Are other phones yealink phones?
2. Which PBX do you use?
3. Please enter the webpage->Features->General Information, find Dual-Headset, check whether you have enabled it.
If yes, that you have to press "Answer" to accept the call. So please disable it, then the hook can work well now.

4. "Also, one of them has reported that when she's done with a call and puts the handset in the cradle it makes the call go to speaker instead of terminating the call."
If your customer pressed speaker button after picked up the handset, then phone will run a multicast mode. Then above phenomenon will happen. Can you double check about that?
Reference URL's