Yealink Forums

Full Version: Remote Phone Book Search
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I saw a thread on the T2x Series forums that a phone book search is/has been added to the T2x style phones. Does the T3x phones have this search feature for the remote phone Book?

Tim
ya it does, multiple different ways, you can use a ldap server, or have a central xml file, for caller name lookup on outbound calls we use the xml file that gets pulled to the phones every night when they auto provision.

jasit

(11-26-2013 04:24 AM)vondie Wrote: [ -> ]I saw a thread on the T2x Series forums that a phone book search is/has been added to the T2x style phones. Does the T3x phones have this search feature for the remote phone Book?

Tim
Thanks for the reply, but not sure I understand. The 3cx system populates a phone book that is an xml file that I can access at the phone using a soft key. While I'm looking at the list of names and extensions, I would like to be able to press a key that would sort the list by the letter of the key pressed. For example, when the list comes up, it lists the names and extensions alphabetically starting with A. I would like to be able to press the 8 key which would then prompt the phone to jump to the Ts instead of having to scroll all the way through the entire list.
Ok, I used the contactdata.xml file that is uploaded to the phone

when you hit a key it will bring up the search option and then you can type the name in hitting 4 4 4 will create I.

so you can spell out the name you want or hit the okay button to show every name with the letter I in it.
I'm guessing I need to load some other file to make the search work. While viewing the 3CX phonelist, I hit a key, say 4, I get the following message:

Note: The URL is empty.
Reference URL's