Yealink Forums

Full Version: T48G BLF key for voicemail
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a BLF key setup to monitor a shared voicemail box in FreePBX. It is working as expected but when there is a message in the box the blf key changes to "Talking" and the icon changes. This makes sense in the context of monitoring an extension but it seems odd in the context of a voicemail box.

The BLF button is using voicemail hints from FreePBX to trigger the light if that matters.

Is there a way to change the behaviour of the button so that it does not say "Talking" or maybe use a different type of button?
This sounds like a feature request.

I suspect this has not been addressed before in terms DSSkey options and specific visual icons for BLF hints for voicemail (A flashing envelope might make sense) because the phones themselves have seperate voicemail facilities. It probably did not occur that you might want to monitor several mailboxes. As such I would submit it as a feature request.
Hello, the text can't be changed now.
Initially the BLF Key is designed to monitor extensions. But yes, more and more users are using it to monitor voice mail, park slot etc. I will send the feature request to our product department.

Regards,
James
BUMP on this feature request... Personally, I think the "talking" is undesirable and needs to be removed. Button already changes to red to indicate status. I am also using BLF for voicemail of other users. Looks kinda stupid to have a button say "VM - Name talking" when the field is activated.
Is there anymore progress on this feature.. We recently changed to Yealink phones T46G and T46S from Aastra 57I's and we used this to monitor a company VM.

I have tried every way I can it just won't work.

Thank you
+1 fro this feature from me as well, would love a DSS key for checking a voicemail box without using a Line Key which is what I use now but has it's drawbacks.
(10-09-2015 03:33 PM)wujs Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, the text can't be changed now.
Initially the BLF Key is designed to monitor extensions. But yes, more and more users are using it to monitor voice mail, park slot etc. I will send the feature request to our product department.

Regards,
James

Huh This was 3 years ago... Has anything been done on this yet? We just replaced 20 Aastra phones (that this worked on) for T46S's (that don't) and we need this feature. We have several people monitoring a company voicemail extension. This is something that every phone can do, so I didn't think I would need to check to see if a Yealink phone did "basic" functions..
Reference URL's