Yealink Forums

Full Version: T3x not provisioning when connected to PoE port
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am seeing a very odd issue with our T3x and T2x phones. While unboxing them and plugging them in, they will not provision while connected to the network through a gigabit PoE port. The switch that is powering the devices is a Cisco SG200-26P 26-Port Gigabit PoE Smart Switch. If I connect the phones to a non PoE port and power with the AC adapter, the phones will provision properly. I can then plug them into a PoE port and they will function correctly. If I try to push a reprovision, they will fail. The display will cycle through the following messages:

Network Checking
Sending Provision Requests
Update Skipped
Welcome...Initializing

I have tried several phones and several ports with the same results.

Any ideas?

Tim
Hi vondie,

1. Can you try other switch?
2. Can you try other provision methods and check if the issue still exists? through webpage, auto-provision url and power on, etc.
3. Do T2X have the same problem?
4. Can you tell me the MAC address of your T3X ? T2X?
1. Unfortunately, I only have one gigabit switch to test with.
2. I spent a great deal of time testing various ways to provision the phones. I have found some very odd results.
2.1. reprovision from phone GUI doesn't work at all. The phone just sits there.
2.2. reprovision from the 3cx GUI, sometimes initiates a reprovision, sometimes not. If it does attempt to reprovision, it does not succeed.
2.3. reset to factory at phone itself works. It resets the phone, then once booted up, performs a successful provision every time.
3. T32 phone works with reset to factory, T22 phone doesn't provision any way I have tried so far while on PoE.
4. T32 MAC = 00156551A4B7 and 001565419BFB; T22 MAC = 001565518F85 and 0015654DD5C3
5. I have updated the firmware for the T32 to 32.70.0.180, but the problem still remains.
what is the url that the phone is trying to use, if you try it with your internet browser on your pc does it pull up a xml file?

if you are plugged into the poe switch and you are using a external power supply does it work.
(11-15-2013 10:31 PM)jasit Wrote: [ -> ]what is the url that the phone is trying to use, if you try it with your internet browser on your pc does it pull up a xml file?

if you are plugged into the poe switch and you are using a external power supply does it work.

The URL (this is for v12 3cx) is http://10.0.0.245:5000/provisioning/nf5ajrao92/

I located the .cfg file by the MAC address and appended it to the URL and the file will open via a browser.

I think the fact it's not even trying to provision via the Yealink GUI is unrelated to the PoE issue. Non PoE phones will not reprovision from the Yealink GUI where they will via 3cx admin console.

I have not tried using external power. I will do so an if is works, I will report back.
After much testing, I think it seems to be a matter of it taking much longer to provision fresh out of the box over a PoE connection. If I provision for the first time over a non-PoE connection, then update firmware, then plugging them into a PoE connection seems to work ok. So at this point, the few phones I have running on PoE connections are up and working.
Reference URL's